Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Skylasers Future?

So we all know Laserbtb is gone but what about Skylasers? Pretty much same lasers. So will they be no more also? I like Skylasers a lot. Their site is still active but their selection is dwindling down slowly. :(

Radim

I guess it is just remaining stock. Seems these lasers became collector's items. I'm lucky I've got one (and as my first high powered :D).

I guess it is just remaining stock. Seems these lasers became collector's items. I'm lucky I've got one (and as my first high powered :D).

I think you're right. I do have one but it's just a pen series :( I may be getting one from offroadfreak, hopefully next week :)

Razako

Richie, one member here is/was selling some unused lasers as he got a lot of them. The prices were quite great if I remember (and consider they will go up likely as it happend to WL on ebay for US delivery after US FDA ban, likely not to like 1000 bucks for Arctic, but still some increase might be expected).

I looked it up for you: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/offroad-s-laserbtb-sales-thread-100478.html
IDK if laserbtb prices will go up like WL prices. WL have always had a certain 'mystique' about them, and the only reason they stopped shipping her was due to a ban. Without that ban I'm sure they would still have loads of ravenous customers here in the states. With laserbtb it seems more like they stopped selling due to a lack of business or something. There's no real hype surrounding their products which are mostly just plain looking and practical portables with a bunch of safety features. Outside of price, they never really had anything on Jetlasers/Sanwu.

Last edited:
Richie, one member here is/was selling some unused lasers as he got a lot of them. The prices were quite great if I remember (and consider they will go up likely as it happend to WL on ebay for US delivery after US FDA ban, likely not to like 1000 bucks for Arctic, but still some increase might be expected).

I looked it up for you: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/offroad-s-laserbtb-sales-thread-100478.html
Oh yeah that's actually who I was gonna buy from next week :) I'm just a little afraid of the possible seizure at customs. I know those particular ones say FDA approved so hopefully no issues.
IDK if laserbtb prices will go up like WL prices. WL have always had a certain 'mystique' about them, and the only reason they stopped shipping her was due to a ban. Without that ban I'm sure they would still have loads of ravenous customers here in the states. With laserbtb it seems more like they stopped selling due to a lack of business or something. There's no real hype surrounding their products which are mostly just plain looking and practical portables with a bunch of safety features. Outside of price, they never really had anything on Jetlasers/Sanwu.
Which is pretty insane because I have always thought laserbtb had great looking hosts. I'm so glad we have Jet and sanwu but it's pretty sad that that's all we really got here in the US aside from building. And well Dragon which is good too.

Radim

Scarity usually makes price increase. But I doubt it will go even near crazy WL prices in US.

Oh yeah that's actually who I was gonna buy from next week :) I'm just a little afraid of the possible seizure at customs. I know those particular ones say FDA approved so hopefully no issues.

Which is pretty insane because I have always thought laserbtb had great looking hosts. I'm so glad we have Jet and sanwu but it's pretty sad that that's all we really got here in the US aside from building. And well Dragon which is good too.

Good luck with that. ;) I like the host, but mine is sometimes naughty. Fire button is quite weak place, sometimes it gets stucked or not working properly. But only when laser becomes warm enough. It returns to normal operation when cooled down.

ixfd64

I just found out about this. I've never ordered from LaserBTB but have heard nothing but good things about them. This is really sad news. :-(

I just found out about this. I've never ordered from LaserBTB but have heard nothing but good things about them. This is really sad news. :-(

Yeah it really is. They had such awesome looking hosts. Hopefully another company in the future could replicate them. I honestly love building lasers but something about a host that has a key lock is pretty cool.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/offroad-s-laserbtb-sales-thread-100478.html

In case you ever want basically a new one. :)

laserbtb will be missed, they had great unique hosts and good laser quality, i asume skylasers will soon end aswell... im happy i got a chance to buy a few years ago. So if i would buy a laser today i would check on Jetlasers seems they are if not better then laserbtb was before. I dont care much for Sanwu to pricy...

Last edited:
Yeah, I bought a few lasers from them and they were pretty good indeed. The price to quality ratio was very acceptable and they did what they were supposed to, who could complain? :)

-Alex