Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sketchy eBay batteries...

SKeeZ

Thread title reminds me of this:

LiPo18650.jpg

I love this picture... but it makes me a little uneasy...

SKeeZ

So, I havbe determined that the "crappy old 18650"s capacity is 2500mAh after a 2264mAh charge. I assumed that there was at least 250mAh or so left in the battery so that gives a total of arounf 2500mAh. gonna put it in my laser now wish me luck.

SKeeZ

Final post on this thread: The battery works GREAT. it doesn't heat up or fluctuate, and lasts for a long time.

Capacity seems to be pretty good at least 2000mAh (at this point in the charge) possibly even 2500mAh or more. I know that because the voltage of the battery right now is 3.9V

say-what.gif

Where I come from, this is called "making sh:scowl:t up."

Now, some may think i'm crazy but i am going to try to but this in my C6 laser and make it work.

All of my flashlights and lasers take 18650s, and I use Sanyo UR18650F in all of them. And only 2 of them were new, the rest were pulls from lightly used laptops. The people who are crazy are the ones who buy ____Fire batteries without knowing anything about what's in them. Yes, the picture Things posted was from a user here who found that in his counterfeit (lol) Ultrafires. And the pic csshih posted is very likely how the real ultrafire hand-pick their cells. At least they are using real 18650s, but that's all you can say about them: that they are ~18mm diameter, and ~65mm long.

Cy is right, too. Can't tell capacity without doing a discharge at the current which the cell was rated that capacity. These are rated for 2600mAh, but I don't remember what the test conditions were. When new, they are able to safely discharge @ 5A. When older or more used, might want to ease back from that for peace of mind.

My experience with about 30 new xxxxxfire cells proved only one fact . . .

That they were 10 times as likely to fail as a quality "name brand" cell.

Safety was compromised after 4 or 5 charging cycles.

That was the last purchase of inferior cells.

LarryDFW