Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

sinner custom host 5300mw Bluelaser

Very cool laser you got there! +rep

Be careful with it, it seems pretty close to where people lived in the 2nd video :)

-Alex

Yep, people can get very afraid of lasers, even call the local SWAT on you for shooting a beam over their house :(

However, what a beautiful beam, when I tried mine a few days ago I couldn't even put a spot on a cloud 6000 feet above me due to the divergence without a beam expander. How long ago was that host and adapter for the beam expander built? I have one of those Jetlaser expanders myself for a 532nm laser pointer but someday I want to get a 1 watt 520nm laser and use a beam expander on it like you have done.

I don't mind a fat beam, in fact, I think they are nicer because you can see the beam get smaller (due to distance, not actually smaller) as it travels, as viewed in your photo :). With a thin beam, you can't see that, what you see is the beam fan out wider at the end due to high divergence when observing a multimode diode without a beam expander.

Last edited:

GR3EN

All that power in a fantastic looking host and even a beam expander. Very impressive. What's the Est. Distance you lit that match from? Just curious.

Podo

It's a jetlasers beam expander right? sometime I just find the x10 jetlasers is too heavy and big to be mounted on a handheld laser

not to mention the extra weight from the adapter you build but to be honest the x10 did its job pretty well, easy adjusting and low power loss!

I am referring mah mini expanders though :na:

I have a x1.7 mini beam "embellish" expander, x3 mini beam expander, x5 c6 host expander and the jetlasers x10 for sure!

Last edited: