Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

simple casual green laser for pointing out stars?

Hi all,

I live in a fairly rural area and occasionally have guests over for nighttime get-togethers outdoors. I thought it might be nice to get a green laser pointer to point out stars to everyone (I inevitably get asked this at these parties).

I am completely ignorant of lasers, and just need something basic for (very) occasional use at night for a few minutes at a time. I want to spend as little as possible on this.

Would something like this be sufficient?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Powerful-5mW...798?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416402f5a6

that would most certainly be efficient. In the future use the forum's search function. Many people have asked similar questions.

that would most certainly be efficient. In the future use the forum's search function. Many people have asked similar questions.

Thanks very much (I did search, btw, but must not have put in proper search terms, as I didn't find an answer to that question. My apologies. To be honest, I'm surprised it's not a sticky--or at least, not a sticky I saw while looking for one! :))

Last edited:

AnthoT

Yup that would work fine and you should see the beam well at night.

-Anthony

Expect 1 month + for shipping and probably over spec, closer to 50mw. Be careful where you point it.:D