Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sigh... :(

it looks like the ultra fire battery. i have that same problem. but i am in an even worse positon because my charger did too. the ulta fires loose juice but can usually be charged back up. but i think this is what caused my ultra fire charger to die. so yes check your charger.

Is there any way to find out if its the battery or the charger?

+rep added to everyone who helped...ty guys

put your multi meter on the correct voltage setting and check the charger first. if no volts are coming out. then it is no good. true story.
if your charger is bad, you could still have bad batteries also. but i'm pretty sure it is the charger as seeing as your red led will not come on any more. good luck.

michael.

D

Deleted member 8382

Try what chipdouglas suggested, but a 0.05V reading from a lithium battery makes me think it's dead. Did this battery ever worked?

If it did, it's definitely the battery, there's no way the laser drawn it to 0.05!

You should be happy, either if it's the battery or the charger, both are easy and cheap things to fix :D

You have drained the battery below its minimum limit of 2.75V, it's dead forever.

You have drained the battery below its minimum limit of 2.75V, it's dead forever.

You? I'm sorry I received this battery brand new from Faona, I never even got to put try it out.

Also so it is the battery, not the charger?

Thanks for the info anyway.

Sorry I didn't read all the stuff, pictures attract me.

Is the battery protected? If it is, it might be the protection circuit that's dead, they are very dodgy on cheap batteries.

Sorry I didn't read all the stuff, pictures attract me.

Is the battery protected? If it is, it might be the protection circuit that's dead, they are very dodgy on cheap batteries.

Well.. I have no idea.. its just a regular blue 18650.. I guess it is the battery, not the charger, and I emailed Rayfoss telling them I think its the charger. wow... Da**.. this has been the worst laser day every.

thanks for your help. .

AndyR

Hope you get it worked out soon...

must be unbearable having to wait to try out a new laser when its sitting right in front of you :mad:

Hope you get it worked out soon...

must be unbearable having to wait to try out a new laser when its sitting right in front of you :mad:

Believe me it is.. and the fact I waited a week extra for the batteries and goggles to come in.. when they finally came I can't even start the laser.. :cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy:

its horrible

Benm

Reading 0.05 volts on the battery explains it all - that battery is dead.

Once lithium cells get discharged this far, there is little to no hope of ever reviving them. I think you should try your laser with a different battery, the current one clearly has no chance of powering it.

Reading 0.05 volts on the battery explains it all - that battery is dead.

Once lithium cells get discharged this far, there is little to no hope of ever reviving them. I think you should try your laser with a different battery, the current one clearly has no chance of powering it.

Ugh.... Darn...

Well the good news is I got a reply from Faona. They forwarded the pictures I sent to their engineer and I guess i'll have to wait for a response.

I ordered a 18650 battery from one of the nice people on LPF. I'm waiting for that to come to test it.

Benm

I hope you get it soon!

I suppose the good news is that the battery is at fault here. Personally i'd hook the laser to a 3.6 volt lab supply or 3 nimh cells in series to see what it does - it can very well be a fully functional unit just lacking the juice to power it right now :)

I hope you get it soon!

I suppose the good news is that the battery is at fault here. Personally i'd hook the laser to a 3.6 volt lab supply or 3 nimh cells in series to see what it does - it can very well be a fully functional unit just lacking the juice to power it right now :)

Forgot to update you all.

I received the battery from DusanMandic, very very nice battery.

Used foil, and wow this baby works. Its very veyr nice.

However few mins of use and the laser starts fading from very bright to semi bright. I believe this is because of the foil.

A new tailcap is coming in the mail.

Thanks everyone!

rapid power degredation is probably caused by a short somewhere... daguin and scopeguy helped me through a similar problem...