Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Show Your 462nm Build!

I won't post shots of my build because it's incomplete (waiting for a blue 501B from Mrcrouse - had to dislodge my 405nm temporarily to use the host). But here are my impressions and a few color comparison shots.

First of all it doesn't have the purpleish hue of 445/455 but it's "too light" to be pure blue. Not quite sky-blue or cyan, but similar to the color of modern blue LEDs. Very, very nice color. Much nicer than 445 or even 455nm. Maybe I got a high-WL one, who knows.

I haven't LPM'd it yet but it's almost as bright as my 3W Dominator. The first time I powered it (without a host, only the heatsink and magnets to hold the leads) I had the impression that it was brighter than the Dominator. But batts weren't charged and I was in a hurry.

Here's a comparison with a 445nm, both were being underpowered - the 445nm was probably good for about 200mW, the 462nm was just at lasing threshold. The colors aren't accurate but the amount of difference is.
comparison_1.jpg

This is the Dominator (most likely around 455nm) and the 462nm at full power unfocused on my house's wall. The color difference from the 462nm to the Dominator is far more evident than the difference between the 445nm to the Dominator.
comparison_2.jpg

This is the camera looking thru a grating at the combined dot of 532nm, 520nm, 462nm and 445nm. All underpowered.
comparison_3.jpg

Next time I'll try and get a grating shot with 473nm and 405nm as well.

IsaacT

Pulled mine out and played around before work and I can confirm I am still just as enamored with it as I was when I built it. Guys y'all gotta jump on this true blue train!