Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should i get this laser?

i have decided to be done with the cheapo ebay lasers, and i was thinking about getting a more powerful laser, such as maybe a 1w blue,
i have found a handful of places to get a 1w blue, but for the price and the host i am looking at this laser:
Cyber 445nm - 1W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer
im wondering about what your opinions are on the laser and company.

Reactions: Sta

Sta

That laser is okay, but not the best quality. I typically don't recommend lazerer for high-power lasers simply because of the high risk.
Within your price range, I'd recommend this laser from LaserBTB. Choose "Blue 445nm 1000mW." I believe you can also get a 6% discount with the coupon code 109058640691! Including shipping, it'll be around the same price, but you'll have a MUCH better product, with a plethora of safety features as well.

:)

oh alright. ill check it out. thanks

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
If you're stepping up to a class IV laser don't forget the safety goggles!

Reactions: Sta
yea i got them goggles. i actually made them out of red filters left over from an ir goggle hack thing. cut out pieces and taped them to sunglasses. :cool:
they work really well actually.

Last edited:
AHH!
well rip i figured they would work decently since they work perfect with my greenie :eek:
sta saves the day again
i will also try to get those :)

Sta

I am too. Glad I could help. :D

Please make a review here once you receive your laser!

also, i was wondering about what to expect from this laser in terms of visibility in the day outside and at night?

Razako

also, i was wondering about what to expect from this laser in terms of visibility in the day outside and at night?
1W blue laser?
The spot will be visible on objects moderately far away in the daytime. The beam won't be very visible in the day. At night, both the spot and beam will be highly visible.

Yeah I've had decent luck with Lazerer. I have purchased two lasers from them and one was dead on arrival and the other was in perfect working condition, so I would definitely go with Laserbtb or Sky, same thing really. They seem to be a great budget company.