Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shooting a laser from an aircraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read carefully! NOT shooting AT aircraft but FROM an aircraft. Is it illegal to get on a commercial plane (like a 747) and then take the green laser out from your pocket and fire it out the window to the ground bellow?

It would be pretty cool and people would think their getting attacked by aliens and theirs no risk to blind people because at that range you would need a laser much bigger than pocket sized. To get it on board you would put it in your carry on and then open it once you got inside the jet and take it out. You should not just put it in your pocket because it will probably make the ringer sound and then if they search you and see the sticker on it or try it out and they see the green beam they might take it away from you.

Switch

It's probably illegal to have a powerful laser on your person when flying. ::) No risk of blinding people, maybe just distract a few drivers or something.....BTW, you have to be really careful when shining a laser through a window not to get a reflection directly in your eye.

go directly to jail do not pass go do not collect $200 , they won't allow it because you could sneak in the cockpit and blind the pilot.

I know that if you shine a laser from a window reflection comes off, I do it all the time because I don't want to wear my safety goggles because I want to see the beam in the night sky and thats why I wrap my hand around the tip and have the laser right on the window.

To sneak it in il keep it in my carry on bag. Have any of you ever seen what the X-Ray looks like from the guys screen, its a view from above and you can make out the shapes of objects but you cant really tell what it is, from that it will look like a pen, and if worse comes to worse I will slam it into my laptop CD drive.

Still wanting to know if theirs a law against it...

i was planning on bringing my laser with me to Europe..is that possible if i pack it in my luggage?

You'd have to check with your airline, but since lasers don't present a fire hazard (like a can of deodorant or something) I think that would be fine. They are just like any bit of electronics you'd store in your luggage really.

Just as long as you don't take it on board and demonstrate it to the passengers or god forbid, the pilots or anything :)

it would be pretty funny if the pilot was a laser fan too. lol. Im most likely going to pack it and the batteries separate. Although inspectors might think they look like little bombs. ;D

iewed

Since the laser is a Class 3B laser, probably not FDA approved, it's illegal just using it.

but if i put batteries that are almost dead in it, it will be outputting less than 5mw

and what should i do with the batteries??

go directly to jail do not pass go do not collect $200 , they won't allow it because you could sneak in the cockpit and blind the pilot.

lol if you sneak in the cock pit, not saying you would, but if you do, why would you point a laser?

Status
Not open for further replies.