Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shipping Delays from China Due to COVID-19

FuzzyPancake

This is not a thread for people to pout and whine about having to wait for their orders. COVID-19 is a serious problem and we need to be sympathetic to those affected. We should encourage Chinese companies to take all the time they need before getting back to shipping orders. This also is not a place to talk about the virus in general. There is an active thread on this topic.

This is the place for people to discuss updates on orders from Chinese laser retailers due to COVID-19 for informational purposes. I'm hoping this thread will discourage people from hounding customer service reps with concerns that can be satisfied with information here.

I will update this post with key information from comments on this thread and other places on LPF as bullet points below. I will note when I am finished updating this post when I find shipping times to be back to normal, assuming I have the data. In any case, I will update this post saying I have stopped following the topic. (I have stopped updating - shipping operations have returned to normal as far as I can tell)

I ask that anyone reading this with an active order or recently delivered order from a Chinese company please post when you placed your order, what Chinese company it's from, and/or whether or not you have a tracking number.

I apologize if I am making this sound dramatic. I understand that there are people that have waited months for things to arrive from companies, but with the COVID-19 situation affecting a lot of companies and potentially a lot of orders and future orders, I thought having a thread with all the information I could find would be appreciated by some.

KEY INFORMATION

• It was roughly mid-January that these delays were announced/started

• The only order I could find evidence of that has shipped from a Chinese company (when I wrote this March 8th) since mid-January was to LPF member Airtech from Sanwu Lasers. He placed his order January 26th and received a shipping confirmation March 5th. Through February, Sanwu had a banner on their website stating that orders would resume shipping on March 1st and that label has since been removed, indicating that they have indeed started shipping orders. They may have a large backlog of orders through Febuary, but it appears nonetheless that they are actively shipping orders.

• I personally placed an order with JetLasers February 14th. On Febuary 26th, Mr. Gray (JL's CSR) told me via email that "we might ship your order next week [Feb 29th through March 2nd]". It has not been shipped as of now, March 8th. Since my order was placed mid-February vs. mid-January when these delays started, there is a fair chance my order is simply still in their queue and they actually have been shipping orders for a few days but I have no proof of this. I am waiting for an email back from Mr. Gray on whether or not they have started shipping orders. EDIT #1: order was shipped this morning, March 9th. ETA March 12th. JetLasers is actively shipping orders. EDIT #2 This order was delivered March 11th.

• While not a Chinese company, per-se, LPF member RedCowboy ordered diodes from a Chinese Ebay seller February 23rd and his order has left China and is in the USA as of March 9th, further indicating that Chinese shipping companies are in operation. EDIT: March 10th - RedCowboy posted below that his diodes were delivered.

• User Snecho confirmed that an order (replacement, specifically) from seller laserpointerstore placed March 6th was shipped March 11th. Thus, laserpointerstore is actively shipping orders.

• From the little data I have, it appears that the multi-week delays from Chinese companies ARE over. I will continue to update this post and search these forums for more information.

• Marth 20th, 2020 ---- I have stopped following this subject. Feel free to leave a comment if you have reason to believe delays from China return due to COVID-19. I wish everyone well in these troubled times. Stay at home and take care of yourselves 😉

Last edited:

I ordered some laser diodes from a Chinese ebay seller on Feb. 23rd and tracking shows they are now in Atlanta so a hop to my local PO and then to my box.....so looks like shipping from China will have taken under 2 ½ weeks, will update when in hand.

FuzzyPancake

I ordered some laser diodes from a Chinese ebay seller on Feb. 23rd and tracking shows they are now in Atlanta so a hop to my local PO and then to my box.....so looks like shipping from China will have taken under 2 ½ weeks, will update when in hand.
I appreciate the extra data. I added a bullet point.

Received my laser diodes from Chinese ebay seller opticsld today, shipping took 2½ weeks. p.s. Diodes were well packed and are in brand new condition.

GB for C-Lenses was ordered 2/2020 Per the contract, the ship date is to be in 37 days.....or projected ship date 4.17.2020 ( which is a Saturday ). We will see ?? I expect some delay. I hope all will understand !! Now serving #2 !!! HAHAHA CDBeam

Attachments

• Beetlejuice Waiting Room 1.png
    Beetlejuice Waiting Room 1.png
    541.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Snecho

I commissioned a replacement from laserpointerstore this past Friday, March 6th (03/06/20) and got a shipment confirmation today, March 11th (03/11/20).

Should take a week to arrive.
Looking good over here.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

FuzzyPancake

GB for C-Lenses was ordered 2/2020 Per the contract, the ship date is to be in 37 days.....or projected ship date 4.17.2020 ( which is a Saturday ). We will see ?? I expect some delay. I hope all will understand !! Now serving #2 !!! HAHAHA CDBeam
This group buy was from what chinese company?
I commissioned a replacement from laserpointerstore this past Friday, March 6th (03/06/20) and got a shipment confirmation today, March 11th (03/11/20).

Looking good over here.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for this, Snecho. Added to the OP.

Starlight9

Looking good over here.

Hope that helps.

Hello, I was just wondering if you received your shipment from laserpointerstore
Thanks

Starlight9

Thanks I was just looking for confirmation that they can be trusted....I was already ripped off by Fulminex lasers

Snecho

Thanks I was just looking for confirmation that they can be trusted....I was already ripped off by Fulminex lasers
Fulminex is one of countless obvious worthless Chinglish scam sites.

Laserpointerstore is a legit source for cheaper entry and pre manufactured lasers.

Last edited: