Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sharp # GH04955A2G, 495nm diode for sale/ 2 to 3 more left.

I have one of the Sharp "495nm" diodes for sale at $60.00 plus $7.20 2 day priority mail if inside the states. Outside will depend on shipping charges. Since I have another package going out on Tuesday, if someone grabs this tonight or early enough tomorrow, it will go out on Tuesday and you will have it on Thursday. You will love it. Send me a PM for details. :wave:

As of Today, 2/2/18 there are 2 or 3 more of these diodes available for sale. PM lazerman121 for one at $63.00 shipped in the USA. These are the last ones I am aware of, so if you want one........don't hesitate!

Last edited:

Re: Sharp # GH04955A2G, 495nm diode for sale

I'll buy it

God damn it

Sorry, SOSDD. Alaskan PMed me first and it is packaged and ready to go out. I might have a couple more in a few days. But, they will likely go just as fast. :wave:

Like I said, I have some more on the way. A couple of these will definitely be for sale. If you are interested, you could PM me about getting one when they show up.

I could try but it sure looks to me like you almost have to be part of the staff here and troll 24/7 or you loose out.

Not true. This would have gone out to anyone who got to it first. If you seriously want one of the ones I have coming, send me a PM and I will make arrangements to hold one for you. :yh:

diachi

I very glad that this is thought to be funny

022dQlI.jpg

Not true. This would have gone out to anyone who got to it first. If you seriously want one of the ones I have coming, send me a PM and I will make arrangements to hold one for you. :yh:

In all fairness, Alaskan replied to the thread before it was approved publicly, which wasn't done until I saw it the next day. He did have a bit of an advantage... :whistle:

Reactions: GSS

In all fairness, Alaskan replied to the thread before it was approved publicly, which wasn't done until I saw it the next day. He did have a bit of an advantage... :whistle:

Actually, I sent him a PM about the diode and the thread. I told him I had one for sale if he was interested, so it wasn't like he took advantage of the thread before it was approved. I did ask him to see why it hadn't posted after several hours, especially if he wasn't interested in the diode. I wanted to take advantage of my daughter picking up ZRaffletickets package to mail tomorrow and see if anyone wanted it so I could mail both at the same time. I think I sent you a PM about the thread before I contacted him.

Last edited:

SOSSD - there are going to be more of these. This is just batch 1 from a seller that only had a few to begin with. The next cheapest source is asking for $150/diode, which is many times more expensive and I know we can do better than that if we wait a little.

Sharp has these listed on their site, unlike the 480nm diodes, and instead more like the 505nm diodes more and more sellers are getting them (but most are asking for astronomically high prices right now)

-

Unfortunately it's tough to sell the few we have at the moment in a way that everyone will think is equally fair. If I waned to make it more accessible, I could have set up an auction on ebay for each individually. It'd go over horribly here, but I could have.

I also could have pre-set a BST thread and edited the first post at a given time, and only accept an order after that edit, though that's pushing it too and people will ask ahead of time because they can't make the time. Not sure how the mods would like that either.

-

Also, there are at least three other members who bought some of these. Sooner or later they'll pop up. Not sure if you asked lazerman about his diodes, he may still have some available.

Sorry - I didn't see the second post. I started writing that up and never refreshed the page. I don't intend to cause problems. Just want the info out there

diachi

Nice.......asshat

Relax. It's just a diode.

Look, before I really post something that will get me banned I will offer this. First, I am obviously frustrated over this issue and two members that seem to like rubbing salt in an open wound aren’t helping. Second, regardless of how it went down, it DID go down just the way I called it, or at least it APPEARS to have. The fact that I’m not the only one who sees it validates my comment. “Perception is reality” as the old saying goes. I may have gotten overly butt hurt about this and for that I apologize but I’m still very frustrated.

I tend to agree, not really fair if a mod is posting to a "for sale" thread with a buy offer, before he's approved it for everyone else to see. :thinking:

If it was sold via PM beforehand then the thread should have been updated accordingly/removed.

Hope you guys figure something out. :)

Don't drive up the price fellow members, all these new wavelengths will be for sale in a turn-key unit for 29 dollars in the months to come.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/510nm-5mw-...916509?hash=item1ed6a1565d:g:WUMAAOSw9idaRe8-

Other makers are turning out diodes as well, just relax and wait, or buy a nice RGB engine and make any color you want.

Look, the price gouging has already begun.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Osram-PLT5...716080?hash=item4d5f61a330:g:dowAAOxy0x1TUq4t

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Osram-PLT5...d=332312716080&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

Last edited:

Actually, I sent him a PM about the diode and the thread. I told him I had one for sale if he was interested, so it wasn't like he took advantage of the thread before it was approved. I did ask him to see why it hadn't posted after several hours, especially if he wasn't interested in the diode. I wanted to take advantage of my daughter picking up ZRaffletickets package to mail tomorrow and see if anyone wanted it so I could mail both at the same time. I think I sent you a PM about the thread before I contacted him.

I didn't even know I did that. Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch right now, I didn't know that a mod had such an advantage, I guess I should have assumed it, otherwise who approves those posts? I didn't look into the BST section to see who does that, appears any mod can approve them from seeing what happened on this one, but I sure missed the indication the post needed approval or I would have. I don't normally cruise the BST section, I just look for :"todays posts" and saw it there. Reality is, there is no way of not seeing it early as a mod, if I'm looking and want it, of course I'd be ready to pounce once the thread is approved but I missed the part where it needed approval. Only way to fix this is to make mods unable to buy anything from anyone right away, would have to wait until someone else saw it first, I guess. When Paul asked me why he couldn't see it, I said because it was low down on the page, I thought that is why he missed it, I could clearly see it there. I had no clue as to the post not being approved yet or that only a mod could see it.

Guys, here's my failing, I was given mod but too busy to use it well yet, as demonstrated here, I didn't realize what I did. However, that is changing, I quit my job in Iraq and am in Beirut, Lebanon right now on a 9 hour wait for the next flight going west. Returning home, not sure if I will stay there or take another job offered to me in Doha, Qatar, but that job will give me a lot more time, only 5 days a week instead of my 7 days a week 10 hours a day I've worked over the last 18 months.

Last edited:

diachi

I didn't even know I did that. Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch right now, I didn't know that a mod had such an advantage, I guess I should have assumed it, otherwise who approves those posts? I didn't look into the BST section to see who does that, appears any mod can approve them from seeing what happened on this one, but I sure missed the indication the post needed approval or I would have. I don't normally cruise the BST section, I just look for :"todays posts" and saw it there. Reality is, there is no way of not seeing it early as a mod, if I'm looking and want it, of course I'd be ready to pounce once the thread is approved but I missed the part where it needed approval. Only way to fix this is to make mods unable to buy anything from anyone right away, would have to wait until someone else saw it first, I guess. When Paul asked me why he couldn't see it, I said because it was low down on the page, I thought that is why he missed it, I could clearly see it there. I had no clue as to the post not being approved yet or that only a mod could see it.

Guys, here's my failing, I was given mod but too busy to use it well yet, as demonstrated here, I didn't realize what I did. However, that is changing, I quit my job in Iraq and am in Beirut, Lebanon right now on a 9 hour wait for the next flight going west. Returning home, not sure if I will stay there or take another job offered to me in Doha, Qatar, but that job will give me a lot more time, only 5 days a week instead of my 7 days a week 10 hours a day I've worked over the last 18 months.

I didn't think you did it deliberately, doesn't seem that way at least. Mistakes happen. :beer:

Guess my past post came across as if I were having a dig at you, my bad.