Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shaping the 445nm Beam

Exerd

When I click on it, it takes me to the page of anamorphic prism packages.

???

The link structure goes like this: Products Home>>Optical Elements>>Prisms>>Anamorphic Prism Pairs

HIMNL9

@ Meatball: The one in the pic that you have posted is a beam combiner for 2 IR TEC cooled diodes, and works with a PBS, but after the combination of the beams, you cannot use the prisms, cause one beam is rotated 90 degrees from the other, at the output .....

If you want to use a similar assembly, then you need 2 sets of prisms, to place before the PBS ..... anyway, with a similar assembly, you can still combine 2 diodes in a single beam .....

I thed the anamophic set from a B&W blue dpss laser and the 808 coatings are out of the question for blue laser, works great with red though!

@ Meatball: The one in the pic that you have posted is a beam combiner for 2 IR TEC cooled diodes, and works with a PBS, but after the combination of the beams, you cannot use the prisms, cause one beam is rotated 90 degrees from the other, at the output .....

If you want to use a similar assembly, then you need 2 sets of prisms, to place before the PBS ..... anyway, with a similar assembly, you can still combine 2 diodes in a single beam .....

The picture is not about how the two beams are being combined, it simply shows how a set of those tiny prisms can be mounted right after the collimator lens. Nothing special, just an aluminum block with the prisms off centered a bit..

HIMNL9

The picture is not about how the two beams are being combined, it simply shows how a set of those tiny prisms can be mounted right after the collimator lens. Nothing special, just an aluminum block with the prisms off centered a bit..

Right, sorry, i noticed it now ..... thanks :beer:

Krutz

true, Burnsy, good find!

now I cant wait for them to ship! not that I would want one, I want to see what they stuck in front of the diode! :)
wait, I would still prefer them to cancel the whole thing..

manuel

Exerd

Please. That video doesn't show us much of anything scientific, and this thread is not for Arctic fans to come and express themselves.

Jay's photo shows that a simple aperture can disguise a beam for a photo.

It works, but doesn't suit the topic where lenses are of concern.

its hard to believe that with all the experts we have on this fine forum, we don't have an optics expert chiming in on this one.

Is there an easy way to rotate a beam 90 degrees? If so you could save on anamorphic prisms by putting 2 (or 4) beams through the same prism pair and afterwards rotate 1 (or 2) beams before combining with a polarising beam splitter (and knife edging for 4 beams).

HIMNL9

Is there an easy way to rotate a beam 90 degrees? If so you could save on anamorphic prisms by putting 2 (or 4) beams through the same prism pair and afterwards rotate 1 (or 2) beams before combining with a polarising beam splitter (and knife edging for 4 beams).

Always remember, anyway, that each optic element that you place in the beam paths, causes, more or less, a power loss.

other than this, if you pass two knife-edge combined beams through a prisms set, you end with two (almost) round spots one near the other ..... i really don't see the advantace of this .....

An alternative can be a fiber coupler combiner ..... some fibers that came from the chips, combined in a "daisy pattern" on an output coupler, then shooted in a single big fiber, and the output of this fiber focused ..... but this is a good solution only for combine power for burning, not for get a decent beam .....