Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shaky rattling button on sanwu pocket.

Lasermancer

Hey guys a while back I ordered my first high quality laser from sanwu lasers. It was a 492 nm 100 mw pocket laser. It came today and I quickly unboxed it and much to my disappointment the power button feels loose, shaky and not solid in general like the rest of the laser. It’ll even make a little rattling sound if you shake it. Are all sanwu pockets like this or should I
email them?

bulukaki

The button on Sanwu Pocket lasers are not held by a spring in the 'on' position, so it is completely normal for the button to be loose when the laser is on.

If it is loose at all time try contacting Sanwu either from their website's contact or LPF member Podo (they're the same person).

Lasermancer

The button on Sanwu Pocket lasers are not held by a spring in the 'on' position, so it is completely normal for the button to be loose when the laser is on.

If it is loose at all time try contacting Sanwu either from their website's contact or LPF member Podo (they're the same person).
Yeah it’s loose when it is off too, definitely not as much but if I shake the laser slightly you can still hear the button rattling. I emailed sanwu and they said it was normal so I’m not really sure where to go from there since I don’t have another sanwu pocket to compare it to and I’m not trying to annoy Podo haha.

Philipnzw

Although I do not own any sanwu products, I would say that those little switches are unfortunately not build with precision in mind.
It's probably super hard to make a tiny switch feel proper, might take a lot of engineering work. Have my fair share of experience dealing with a similar loose switch issue, its probably just how it is.
I'd say don't worry about it unless the switch turns on by itself. Also, it might be possible to ask Sanwu to mail you a new switch.

Last edited:

Lasermancer

Although I do not own any sanwu products, I would say that those little switches are unfortunately not build with precision in mind.
It's probably super hard to make a tiny switch feel proper, might take a lot of engineering work. Have my fair share of experience dealing with a similar loose switch issue, it probably just how it is.
I'd say don't worry about it unless the switch turns on by itself. Also, it might be possible to ask Sanwu to mail you a new switch.
Yea it’s really not a big deal at all imo. I have seen other people say that it should not be shaking when turned off tho. I would like to email them but I would feel bad asking for a new tail cap when I don’t have another one to compare it to. But it does seem like the button should have a much more solid clicky feel.

bulukaki

Yea it’s really not a big deal at all imo. I have seen other people say that it should not be shaking when turned off tho. I would like to email them but I would feel bad asking for a new tail cap when I don’t have another one to compare it to. But it does seem like the button should have a much more solid clicky feel.
Maybe ask them for a new tailcap along with an order -- if you happen to buy from them again.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Stop acting like a wannabe moderator lmfao. You really seem to like making unhelpful comments huh 🤣
Wannabe moderator? I probably wouldn't take the job if they offered it to me but if I did take the job I'd ban you for being a troll. But hey that's just me

Lasermancer

Wannabe moderator? I probably wouldn't take the job if they offered it to me but if I did take the job I'd ban you for being a troll. But hey that's just me
Yeah that is just you. Nobody else cares

my thread on a problem like yours- Never noticed any 'noise' but the switch has a minor problem --not with working though -- just 'cosmetic'
If it were not a JL I would not bother-- BUT we have become used to JLs being the best...so higher expectations.

I am thinking that there are two springs on these push buttons=one makes tension to make the button go 'back up' and the other to keep the button down- < which is not doing its job.