Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SF-BW512L 12x BR sled GB *CLOSED*

Considering that your both on opposite ends of the country from me.. Everybody in the US should have gotten theirs today then.. since everybody else domestic should be closer than you both heh.

They didn't get crushed in transist did they? I tried to reinforce them.

They arrived un-crushed thanks to your cardboard reinforcements. I haven't had time to test the diode, but I'll post power, current, and voltage measurements when I get a chance.

I haven't recieved mine yet either...but I am not worried.
They are probably just waiting at the minneapolis USPS hub
to be delivered tomorrow morning...I am so excited for my first 405nm 12x!!!

treb76

My package came yesterday (Oct 27th), but I wasn't home [signature conf]. Now they're holding it hostage at the post office. Gotta wrangle it from them tomorrow. Should be an exciting day once I get it home. Also got my JayRob host in yesterday. Perfect timing IMO.

I haven't received mine yet but its my own fault for not updating my paypal shipping address, oh well hhopefully the post office will forward it correctly.

I recieved my package today!!!

I am very happy to finally get these...but I recieved two of the PEMK - M1X sleds and no SF-BW512L sleds... :(

I know you (qumefox) picked the sleds out at random, and I am fine with that...just a little dissapointed.

But it does look like they are basically the same diode, so I am not to broken up about it.

Thanks again for organizing this group buy!

I haven't received mine yet but its my own fault for not updating my paypal shipping address, oh well hhopefully the post office will forward it correctly.

Ugh.. I hope it makes it to you. Or at least makes it back to me at least so I can send it out again to the correct address.

the only difference i've found between the two is the PCMK-M1X sleds have an extra optic the SF-BW512L's don't.

But i'll try and pull the diode out of of my SF-BW512L sled tonight and test it to make sure. But by the numbers morgan's posted, after I figured out the different lens efficiencies, his 512L sleds were in the same range as the M1X sled.

Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday, but I didn't hear the horn blow. USPS!
Rescued the hostage this morning from the Post Office.
Pkg looks fine & I got the PEMK - M1X sled.
Thanks for the GB qumefox. +1

The batch I got was pretty much half and half 512L and M1X. I think it was 14 512L's, 15 M1X's and 1 512P. I had them all in a box and grabbed them at random, so statistically, everybody had a 50/50 shot of getting one or the other.

Hey I received the 405 diode.... thanks!!!

It took a week to get to you? :thinking: Your only about a two hour drive away from me. heh.

On another note.. Since O-like started offering these for $51 and rayfoss dropped their price on them to $53, I certainly won't be doing another GB on these.

I just got back from Florida... I think it came last week and my wife picked it up... thanks!

I got it. Thank you. qumefox.

550mA-740mW

Nice.. 405-g-1 lens?

Glad yours made it. That's one international package down.. the 10 that went to the UK are the ones I really hope arrive..

On the subject of power.. I just looked at the numbers of the M1X diode and if I increase the numbers about 27% which is about what a 405-g-1 would improve over the lens I was using, that comes to 810mW. :eek:

I really need to get one to test with.

Last edited:

SHIN

Mine is 405/445-g-2 lens.

edit)Though "M1X" is marked at the box and front surface of circuit board, "SF-BW512L" is marked at rear surface of the circuit board during disassembly.

Last edited:
Ok it's been a while.. Has anyone NOT gotten their sleds yet? It's probably time I need to start checking on things if some have gone AWOL.

Giface

Ok it's been a while.. Has anyone NOT gotten their sleds yet? It's probably time I need to start checking on things if some have gone AWOL.

I'm still waiting, but I'm sure it will arrive this week.

Dave