Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Selling Point for 1.4w C6 build

Hey guys, i was just wondering how much you think i could sell a 1.4 watt c6 build. It uses a M140 @ 1.8a with a glass lens. I will put up pics if you guys want. It comes with a Moh. Copper heatsink and a Moh. focus adapter. I just need a price that most people will be willing to pay for a completed laser build.

Thanks guys :thanks:

Last edited:

daguin

Have you tried perusing the Buy/Sell/Trade board to see what is being offered?

Peace,
dave

I would but I don't want it to look like I'm selling JUST yet.

Sorry if I seem inexperienced in this area, I just want to do it right the first time you know...

Last edited:
C6 445 builds seem to be dime a dozen lately.....great competition for buyers not so great for sellers. you need to hit the 2W threshold to set yourself apart but that can be hard. id say you could get roughly $110-140 + shipping

when dave said peruse, he meant look what others are selling theirs for

Last edited:
Great, thats quite a bit more than what i paid to build it. Thanks!

@Livinloud - I don't want you thinking i just built my first laser and now i am immediately selling it, i will have it for at least a couple months longer, so don't worry. I wouldn't just waste all your time with my questions and then just sell the laser you helped me build.

i dont mind helping out. i figure that if you do sell it, the finds will go to build another laser :)

Yes u are correct, as you can see in my signature, im working on a c8 build for a better duty cycle, pretty dissapointed with the duty cycle of the c6

yes i did see you buy a HS in the GB. let me know how that goes. i may build a C8 or Saik

I have been hearing about the saik. Do they have bigger heads than the c8?

Livinloud, you are too cool, man! Thanks for referencing my thread in your reply.

KRNAZNBOY, if you have a hard time selling here, you can always use FB to help entice your friends and such. BUT...this is an ethical quandary; I just sold a massive burner to a friend of mine. I know the guy to be responsible, yet inexperienced. I insisted on not selling without goggles and made him sit down with me for an hour long discussion on it's safe use, etc...

The bottom line is that no matter who we sell to, we have to do it as ethically soundly as possible.

Thanks guys, new question if you guys are still here, What would the selling point be for ~2 watt in c8s? I haven't started these yet, but i am thinking about building three, and then selling them. I just want to know if it will be worth the time (vs the profit)

Without LPMing them $60, it depends on the output anf members wont buy a laser with unknown output. Check the BST for prices of whats selling now

Well, ill have a blufan lpm by the time i build these, so assuming these lasers will hit or go over the 2 watt barrier.

You cant assume that. The 2W barrier isnt that easy to pass. Most M140 builds will fall in the 1.3-1.7W area. Even if you hit the 2W barrier its in a C6 which means the duty cycle will be so small. If your going over 2W it a should be in a larger host