Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Selling my underspec'd Dregonfire 500mw...best offer

rhd

RHD...why bummed? Seems to me it turned out pretty good in the end....
I hope you will continue to arrange group buys.

Not with LasersMan I won't.

I agree about LPKath. She has seemed nice. I'd much rather see her working at O-Like.

Regarding DinoDirect, they won me back, briefly, but they're fading back into bad territory. For one, their prices have nearly doubled on a lot of items. DealExtreme is also fading into clear sketch territory. I've had to "cancel for refund" 5 orders in the last 3 months because they weren't shipped after 30 days. Then the orders show cancelled, but the actual refunds don't come. So far, I've had to Paypal dispute 4 DealExtreme purchases for non-refund of a cancelled order that wasn't shipped.

Not with LasersMan I won't.

I agree about LPKath. She has seemed nice. I'd much rather see her working at O-Like.

Regarding DinoDirect, they won me back, briefly, but they're fading back into bad territory. For one, their prices have nearly doubled on a lot of items. DealExtreme is also fading into clear sketch territory. I've had to "cancel for refund" 5 orders in the last 3 months because they weren't shipped after 30 days. Then the orders show cancelled, but the actual refunds don't come. So far, I've had to Paypal dispute 4 DealExtreme purchases for non-refund of a cancelled order that wasn't shipped.

About the dealextreme part you are absolutely right! I got the same issues still have 13 orders that i did not receive! :undecided:

I orderd a cable for my phone once, completely forgot about it and received it 3.5 months later pretty screwed process time if you ask me :mad:

greetings,,

Last edited:

rhd

About the dealextreme part you are absolutely right! I got the same issues still have 13 orders that i did not receive! :undecided:

I orderd a cable for my phone once, completely forgot about it and received it 3.5 months later pretty screwed process time if you ask me :mad:

greetings,,

Yep. I've patterned it out. You need to:

1) Cancel your order with DX, through their system.
2) Immediately send them a message telling them that you cancelled your order, and if you don't receive a Paypal refund in 48 hours, you're going to file a dispute.
3) When you don't receive the refund in 48 hours (even if they ask you to wait longer), file the dispute. Elevate it as soon as you can (they won't respond to it anyway).
4) Wait for PP to give you back your money.
5) Stop buying from DX.

Yep. I've patterned it out. You need to:

1) Cancel your order with DX, through their system.
2) Immediately send them a message telling them that you cancelled your order, and if you don't receive a Paypal refund in 48 hours, you're going to file a dispute.
3) When you don't receive the refund in 48 hours (even if they ask you to wait longer), file the dispute. Elevate it as soon as you can (they won't respond to it anyway).
4) Wait for PP to give you back your money.
5) Stop buying from DX.

What alternatives are there? Alibabaexpress I suppose...

rhd

What alternatives are there? Alibabaexpress I suppose...

Oh that's a dangerous question...

There are literally hundreds of clones. Many of them more desperate for business than DX.

I cant think of the site right now but I have had excellent results..maybe someone could help...there's a link to it on the Frankenstein sale thread, it's the place you can get the $89 RL2088....I bought the RL2088 from them and have made several purchases since...all quickly delivered...I will try to find that link again, unfortunately my iPad history doesn't go that far back and I always have to go to the Frankenstein host thread to findit again....

Shenzen ?

Yep, that's the link...the guy also sells a very cheap overspec green laser....I think it's a 100mw for about $35 that metered out at 225mw on my LaserBee ....not bad...not sure if mine was a freak or if they all are overspec but even 100mw for $35 isn't that bad at all....and the guy is very nice and cordial to work with. I bought 10 wf-501b hosts from him for around $7 each and $16 shipping and I got them in about 10 days....

D

Deleted member 22482

For you guys who are interested in stuff from DealExtreme/DinoDirect but don't want to buy from them because of earlier bad experiences, I'm going to put forth a really good recommendation.

eBay. eBay has everything DX and DD has for a cheaper price. When you order from eBay, you item is shipped out next day or even the same day sometimes. It arrives in 1 week (To europe from China, probably more to US) and has excellent quality. If however, you are not happy with the item or it arrives broken, you don't have to send it back, they gladly return the money to you or send you a new item almost instantly, they don't want bad reputation on eBay, on eBay, everything is about getting 5-stars, so they would even refund you twice, just that you 5-star rate them.

I have never had bad experiences with eBay sellers and the PayPal dispute time is lengthened to 60 days on eBay. I have bought probably 100 items this month only and out of these, 6 of the items have arrived broken. In 3 of the cases, they sent me a new one + refunded the money (fantastic, huh), 2 of the cases they refunded the money and sent me a coupon code and one of the cases they sent me a new one + a little goodie with it.

Cheers.

I can't seem to find the one I bought specifically but they have several similar ones...a 200mw for around $37 and this one is very similar to the one I got
100mw 532nm 502B Flashlight Style Green Laser Pointer [2597] - US$21.45 : Wholesale Source: LED Flashlight, Promotional Gift, Li-on Battery

Anyways, these guys have been awesome to me...I have made a half dozen orders in the past three months and all of them without a hitch.

This is where you can get the RL2088 for $89 as well, it's where I got mine and it was the real deal....in fact, it's the one Flamingpyro built the copper mine for...(search copper mine)

I highly recommend them, fast service and delivery and on one order he even sent me a free flashlight...

rhd

Where would you find a 300mw fire dragon on Ebay?

I may have misunderstood him, but I think he was referring to flashlights/hosts - not lasers.

D

Deleted member 22482

Well, with eBay I was speaking of ordinary items and lasers not over class IIIa. I thought you guys were talking about something else because you were mentioning DealExtreme and DinoDirect who do not sell lasers. Sure, they have sister sites that do, but I wouldn't say that Pontiac sells Cadillac cars, even though they have the same mother company (GM).