Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SELL all my custom laser and host

Good luck on your sale, Trinh. I don't need more of these, but there are new members coming all the time.
Thank you so much,i know you have many laser,you is rare member have many wavelength and special color
To be an expander, which takes a collimated input beam at infinity focus and expands it to a larger collimated output beam at infinity, you would obviously need the right concave lens on the input. There is a poor mans work around for this, I found most PCX lenses will collimate to infinity if I mal-adjust the focus of a G2 lens in a pointer to produce a spot the right diameter on the face of the larger lens, and then slide that larger lens back and forth to find infinity focus, or adjust both the G2 in the pointer and the larger lens to find the right positions to collimate to infinity.

If you design the host around the large lens, it's easier. Although you might need to match the laser diode to the lens, if you are given one (like I gave you) and unable to order the perfect diameter and focal length because some diodes have small angles of radiation, others larger, like the NUBM44, this makes some large lenses unsuitable for some diodes, as too much lens aperture is waisted, or the spot size ends up too wide for the lens and you loose some of the light due to being truncated, or cut off. That's when finding the right concave lens comes in handy, you can then make up for that so everything comes out right anyway.

If the lens I gave you isn't the right diameter for a NUBM44 at its focal length, maybe better to use it for a 520 nm green laser diode? Maybe just use them for a collimation lens for a host instead of a real beam expander? It would be less lossy that way anyway. I don't care if only 50% of the aperture is used, but prefer 80%.
yes,i trying with input is g2,it is good,but when input is more than 6mm(using 6x cylinder before),it not good

Yep, when using cylinder lenses and wanting to then expand the output further, you are forced to use a concave lens after them. You can maladjust the output of the cylinder pairs to make a larger spot, but only a little, not worth it. Better to leave them at infinity focus.

You know what would be really cool and a first, that would be to incorporate cylinder pairs inside an expander assembly made for a particular diode. Such could be made to be somewhat universal for some diode types, such as some multimode greens and some blues, but the NUBM44 might need a unit tailored for just that diode.

Last edited:
Yep, when using cylinder lenses and wanting to then expand the output further, you are usually forced to use a concave lens after them. You can maladjust the output of the cylinder pairs to make a larger spot, but only a little, not worth it. Better to leave them at infinity focus.
yes

We are aiming for this, so I am also wondering whether to get sanwu's input lenses to make for you, a bit expensive, but I can only pay half the price ($ 27.5 / pcs) ,I also worked for a customer, so better up that way, perhaps, I will contact the details in the message because of some other information, we will end this topic here, sorry for evoking them.
Edit:
just want to share this, one of my customers in the Netherlands has made a video about my monster, at 3km, they're great without 3x beam expander
only use 6X cylinder,it is very tiny beam

irish303

I am very happy for you !
📣 trinh hong phuoc is a rich man trinh hong phuoc is a rich man 💰

All of them are sold? Seems like I was a bit too slow on the draw, I was eying those reds. I'm glad your sale went well.
I am very happy for you !
📣 trinh hong phuoc is a rich man trinh hong phuoc is a rich man 💰
thank you,but i'm not rich,hahaha
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
All of them are sold? Seems like I was a bit too slow on the draw, I was eying those reds. I'm glad your sale went well.
i can make orther one for you,PM sent

irish303

Aren't you rich? OK it's good !
Instead you are rich and like .... you have art in your hands!
This is the greatest wealth you can have ... you have it