Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Second laser :)

IsaacT

My guess would be that you LED'd the diode. This can happen from using too much heat, static electricity, or dropping.

The diode is in a heatsink. So i dont think heat is a problem. I never tried it before so the this is the first time i do test it. :S

So i went to the shop and took 4x 10Ohm and 4x 5.3Ohm. So i used both 2x 10 Ohm and 1x 5 Ohm resistor with a 7.5V battery. And both gave me the same result :/ A small red dot on the diode but no reflection aywhere . What is wrong ?

You have done this correctly. It should be working. My guess is either you have the IR diode or a bad diode. Is there any letters or numbers printed on the diode? Do you have any cameras that can see IR?

Alan

Im sure its not the IR :) The other diode in the DVD was way to small compared to this one. I tried to place a match in front of it but nothing :)

So ill just buy a new LD or ill try to harvest it from another DVD :)

Edit: It dsnt even burn a toilet paper :D

Last edited:
Well matches/black paper / plastic etc nothing happens. But that DVD used to work before i took it apart