Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sea Sick Green 1W 525nm Build

GSS

Hello,

I think, that is the problem with all new members. I joined a german forum since it started. So I knew very well what problems were discussed in the past. Sometimes the search function is not very comfortable to find the right answers.

best regards

Edgar
^^^Red great video and info as always^^^:)
Like Edgar said, true at times..

Many members will point out the Search bar option. It can help but it also can send you to this exact thread for example or other threads with similar questions:unsure: Then you get caught in a loop.
I'm not a fan of members attacking a newbie that has some question's and right away pointing to the search bar, nor a fan of newbie's asking 100 questions in a row which shows they invested zero time in doing their own homework..
Big pet peeve is when someone only finds this forum when a unit of theirs has issue's or has died and shows no evidence that they tried searching..
I lurked this forum for months and when I finally joined the only lasers I had where Dollar Store reds.. Then I bought nicer laser's..

Last edited:

Sumfinclever

Nice build! Did you try the G8 lens and still preferred the 3 element?
Yeah I've got a couple of the G8 lenses at this point. Don't get me wrong, the beams from the G8 look great. In this case though, I think it was the tighter line of the 3E that appealed most to me. I may have to compare again this weekend, and maybe try a G2 as well.

kecked

How does the 530 color look compared to the 520 diodes? More emerald green? Should make a better yellow too. I always liked 532 but the modulation was never there.

Sumfinclever

How does the 530 color look compared to the 520 diodes? More emerald green? Should make a better yellow too. I always liked 532 but the modulation was never there.
Hey man, sorry I hadn't replied yet. It's been hectic since getting married recently and I'm just now circling back to lpf again now that I have some free time again.

To be honest, the perceived difference between 510 and 525 isnt huge in my opinion, but a lot more pronounced than 532 to 525. The 510 looks a bit more the color of moss to me, while the others are reminiscent of pre-ripe limes.

Sumfinclever

Right on, did you post a build thread? I'd enjoy checking it out.

Also I realize I'll probably take some flack for commenting on a thread that's this old, but I wanted to share an update on this build that I thought was pretty cool.

So my last post was back after I got married. We were about to go to Colorado for our honeymoon. Before leaving, I decided to see if I could sell this one and a few others to scrape together a little extra cash for our trip. In the process of trying, I hit up a fellow I had done business with before to see if he would be interested. He ended up buying 3 from me for a price that worked for both of us, and for which my spouse and I were both grateful

Anyway, I talked with him for a bit about what he intended to do with these. They were looking to incorporate them into a live show. Turns out he's been in the business of creating live psychedelic visualizations (Projection mapping, oil/water, etc) for decades. He was telling me he toured with Jefferson Airplane in the 70s, and actually had a show with Phil Lesh and Friends at Red Rocks, just a few weeks after we were there. I have no idea whether they managed to incorporate the lasers into that particular show, but hearing that made me so freakin happy. The idea of something I built, simply out of curiosity and passion, could potentially be sharing the stage with musicians that I look up to.

adalah

that's a really great build
o.png