Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scrolling Nightmare

Ok, this isn't really a problem on my gaming machine but is really annoying on my laptop that has a lower resolution screen... On every page I am having to scroll down quite a long way to get to the post which is a complete nightmare on a laptop.

I have to scroll through all of the adverts and now the shout box...

Yeah, the shoutbox is kind of annoying there. It should be on the bottom again, even if many people don't notice it.

I prefered it at the bottom as well. If I forget to move the cursor to the side of the screen I end up scrolling through the shouts...

Regards rog8811

Last edited:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Picture%2071.png

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
yeah u can hide it=)

tons of ppl wanted in middle it seemed thats why i originally put

but yeah u can always jsut hide it

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
plz remember ads support the site, i gotta have them. site has operating costs & spending usually 4 or 5 hours a day (this last week) working on stuff

Hey c0ld..
maybe put the Chat back at the Bottom of the page.. but add a Quick Link button at the top of the page so you don't need to scroll down to the bottom.
This will give you room to sell ad space at the top of the page...

Jerry

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
yeh i might move it around as needed but lots of ppl seemed to want it there.. advertisers would actually prob like ads near the chat since lots of ppl like it.

if i ever move the chat back down, i can put ads around it at the bottom and it wouldn't interfere with site either.

perhaps we should have a poll about this, my guess is it would be around 50/50. another option would be putting the chat at the bottom, but having an html anchor link to it at the top

i have the chat configured so guests can't see it to save bandwidth

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
not so much bandwidth* -- server load

It doesn't remain hidden when you click on the arrows (after you refresh the page, of course).

I wouldn't mind having the logo a bit smaller, so it doesn't use so much vertical space. From the top of the site to the actual messageboard (and that's the margin!) it's about 475px. I don't mind that there are ads, since it's a necessary evil, but the logo and text on top takes up half that 475px. It could really be a lot more compact.