Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SciFi repair help - ex SciFi customers only!

Pman

Guess what. The person who owed me for the repair finally sentry the $ and I had not said a word to him about it. Apparently he finally got good batteries and a charger that works so I just got the paypal:)
I wish some of the people I fixed lasers for would get more involved in the forum. For the most part they joined for repair help and it's too bad they are not participating here.

GSS

Kudos Pman for class act of keeping your cool and not naming "names":)
To hold your payment ransom just incase was totally uncalled for and petty. To hear you dwell more on him not joining the forum and enjoy learning just strengthens your character. Your a good man my friend:beer:

Please add your location to your profile. :) Please note we specified "purchased within the last 6 months" to be eligible and that the laser had to be defective upon receipt. Youll therefore have to send some email / Paypal dispute proof that you contacted the Joker for a repair or replacement around a year ago.

One question I have is; how were you using it to eradicate pests if it never worked?

Anyway, the cost would depend on exactly what was wrong and most of the time it was the driver that died.:beer:

Last edited:
Please add your location to your profile. :) Please note we specified "purchased within the last 6 months" to be eligible and that the laser had to be defective upon receipt. Youll therefore have to send some email / Paypal dispute proof that you contacted the Joker for a repair or replacement around a year ago.

One question I have is; how were you using it to eradicate pests if it never worked?

Anyway, the cost would depend on exactly what was wrong and most of the time it was the driver that died.:beer:

It's outside of your offer period ... can you get it up and running?

what do I need to do to begin you making me a working laser?

If you can use any of the parts at all?

Highest appox cost? I'm in for over 200 all ready?

Thanx in advance -=Fred=-

BTW I'm in Gonzales La.

fredc.lake@gmail.com

Pman

Repaired and sent back this morning. Diode and driver plus complete rebuild. He should get it Monday. Yeah it was another complete mess.

Thank you, so looking forward to getting that thing working... I appreciate all of your hard work and free labor!

-=Fred=-

Hi guy sorry to bring back an old post i bought a ariane 2 445 2.7w in 2015 after reading in the forum and it never work try to contact the Etiane but i end up gave up on him i now see why. Anyway i have never been able to use it and it is still brand new
. after doing some research today i catch this old tread and im wondering if my laser could be repair and if it worth it? thank

oh and if there is no way to repair my unit or if it no
Hi,
Some pics please I repaired two in the past, post some pics of the laser

Rich:)
fullsizeoutput_3ef9.jpeg
t worth it can i have any recommendation to get one witout been screw up again

GSS

I also got a bad unit from Eitan which Lifetime17 repaired for me..
Thats a nice host and worth repairing but you might have swap the diode, the driver and to what looks like a cheaper "axis" plated brass module. Eitan's builds used inferior China made parts, not the high quality one's he claimed. He also used no wire insulation just cheap teflon plumbers tape. My 1W build had all the cheap parts plus a no name diode with a bad window and put out a horrible beam.
To keep you unit at 2W+ you will most likely need a new M140 or PLTB450B1 diode and a SX driver. They are reletively cheap now.
Let Lifetime17 chime in and guide you..

Last edited:
Hi, Stephane
PM me about what your intentions are with the host. These are nice hosts very heavy made well , they can be repaired .

Rich:)

I also got a bad unit from Eitan which Lifetime17 repaired for me..
Thats a nice host and worth repairing but you might have swap the diode, the driver and to what looks like a cheaper "axis" plated brass module. Eitan's builds used inferior China made parts, not the high quality one's he claimed. He also used no wire insulation just cheap teflon plumbers tape. My 1W build had all the cheap parts plus a no name diode with a bad window and put out a horrible beam.
To keep you unit at 2W+ you will most likely need a new M140 or PLTB450B1 diode and a SX driver. They are reletively cheap now.
Let Lifetime17 chime in and guide you..

Hi, Peter. I haven't seen a post from you in awhile now. Where have you been hiding? Yeah, Eitan got very greedy in the last two years he was here. Too bad. He could have continued to build quality lasers, but he just didn't care toward the end. I never bought one of his lasers. But, I generally don't buy lasers anyway as I prefer to build my own. Great to have you back, buddy.

Reactions: GSS
Hi you ask me to PM you here i am. Basically this laser was bought and i need it to kill some pest in reef aquarium. the aquarium is large and use 3/4 glass so i need to penetrate glass water column and burn pest worm in water. honestly i havent bought it because it is nice for me it is a tool but never been able to use it. i need someting powerful
3-7 watt durable need to have adjustable focus and could be realy good to have low, medium, and hight power so i could use what ever i need. Have very bad pest worm now who kill my coral and i need a laser very fast to kill them before they destroy my display. sending for repair maybe an option but if you have a new or used unit that could do the trick im interested also. let me know what you think

im in Canada sending all the unit im afraid to have it send across and have it seize by custom let me know. i know it was a risk in 2015 when i bought mine but maybe law have change do you know?

Another possibility is if you have what i need to rebuild the unit i could buy it from you. im handy but dont know laser very much