Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SciFi repair help - ex SciFi customers only!

That is some shitty deceptive work. Glad I never ordered from him.

I finally sold my nonworking laser to someone and they took it apart and found almost the same as what Grainde found. So I guess SciFi did this sort of thing to plenty of people. Oh well, at least I got 9 days of fun out of it. Probably lucky to have even gotten that.

Razako

I finally sold my nonworking laser to someone and they took it apart and found almost the same as what Grainde found. So I guess SciFi did this sort of thing to plenty of people. Oh well, at least I got 9 days of fun out of it. Probably lucky to have even gotten that.
I feel kind of bad for insisting it had to be the batteries or something. Obviously Joker was just sending out garbage lasers.

I feel kind of bad for insisting it had to be the batteries or something. Obviously Joker was just sending out garbage lasers.

Nah, don't feel bad. Like you or someone else said, those batteries can go bad for no reason. I had them checked at BatteriesPlus and they found them to be good. That wasn't too much trouble.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Heck, he had most everyone fooled, he started out here as a good productive member, started selling a few lasers, expanded, and opened a pretty professional looking store.
All seemed well till the delays and defective products started snowballing, and even then, he still had many,many members recommending his lasers. :thinking:

On the bright side, we have a couple of stand up guys in Pman, and grainde who are volunteering to help fix this leftover mess, and hopefully restore some of these (mostly) new members faith in our LPF community! :beer:

:gj: guys!

Last edited:
Can I buy the parts I need? I dismantled mine, but can provide proof of purchase, and pictures. I simply do not know what to put into it.
it was a violet (405nm) 1W laser with the old host.
Thanks!

Depends what was broken, the driver, or the diode? If the driver, youll need preferably a boost such as a X-boost. The current will depend on the diode. If the diode is broken, youll need either an SO6J, or the 16x diode.
The diodes can be purchased from DTR and the drivers from Flaminpyro. :beer:

My 635nm Arcane 2.0 laser just randomly stopped working. It isn't the batteries as i have checked them. I haven't reversed polarity. It had been about a month since i had used it but i didn't think that would effect it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to repair it?

Hello,

First time posting on this forum.

I ordered an SF501B from Eitan that never worked properly. The device turns on but the beam is unfocused, almost like a flashlight (see picture). I sent him pictures and requested repair parts but of course he never sent them. I'm very interested in getting my laser working and would love any help that anyone could offer.

Thank you,

Wes

Attachments

• laser4.jpg
    laser4.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 92

GSS

Hello,

First time posting on this forum.

I ordered an SF501B from Eitan that never worked properly. The device turns on but the beam is unfocused, almost like a flashlight (see picture). I sent him pictures and requested repair parts but of course he never sent them. I'm very interested in getting my laser working and would love any help that anyone could offer.

Thank you,

Wes
Well welcome to the forum and SciFi fiasco:)
Mine did the same thing basicly a rapid divergance and not a good spot. It turned out to be a bad diode window and was decanned.
I'm hoping you tried to focusing adjustments or reversing the lens at least to try?

Last edited:
Make sure the lens is tightly screwed in the focus adapter. It must turn with the focus ring and not independently. If you are having an issue making the lens sit tight in the focus ring use some teflon tape on the lens barrel before screwing it in. This way you can tighten the lens up and set it to infinity when fully screwed in. Takes a bit of practice and time to set up ie screw in test, unscrew focus ring, adjust lens position again, screw back in and test and repeat. :beer:

Edit: this was the case for the last 2 SciFi lasers I repaired, but as GSS mentioned it could be a dirty or reversed lens too.

Last edited:

Pman

I have 2 units still awaiting parts for repair. The one I just looked at today had a 9mm diode and the cheapo driver is blown. I couldn't belive that when I pulled the module out the diode pins were full length with the lead wires soldered on the tips of them and about 2 inches of Teflon tape wrapped lightly around the pins to hopefully keep them apart from each other. There was no back half and the copper module had glue on the threads and I had to press out the diode and press it back into another module. I've said it before, every unit I've looked at had terrible build quality.

Does anyone sell a 16.8mm x-drive anymore? Need one at 2.4A or an adjustable one as the heat sink used is set for one. I could use an sxd but I would rather put a copper back half on the diode. I could cut the back half down I suppose or just wire the driver direct but I would preferr to do it the other way. Anyone know please tell me ASAP because otherwise I'm going to order the square driver tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Razako

Well I always wondered how Sci-Fi were able to have such low prices.

Reactions: GSS
Boy, I can't believe Eitan's fallout is still affecting people so many months later.

Pman, Grainde-- Kudos to you both for your help.

94Z28

I have 2 units still awaiting parts for repair. The one I just looked at today had a 9mm diode and the cheapo driver is blown. I couldn't belive that when I pulled the module out the diode pins were full length with the lead wires soldered on the tis of them and about 2 inches of Teflon tape wrapped lightly around the pins to hopefully keep them apart from each other. There was no back half and the copper module had glue on the threads and I had to press out the diode and press it back into another module. I've said it before, every unit I've looked at had terrible build quality.

Does anyone sell a 16.8mm x-drive anymore? Need one at 2.4A or an adjustable one as the heat sink used is set for one. I could use an sxd but I would rather put a copper back half on the diode. I could cut the back half down I suppose or just wire the driver direct but I would preferr to do it the other way. Anyone know please tell me ASAP because otherwise I'm going to order the square driver tomorrow morning.

I haven't been able to find any 16.8mm SXD or XD online so far.. I need one for a repair as well. I do know that x wossee may be making some round ones... Otherwise you will have to go for the Survival Laser driver (which is what i opted for)

Survival Laser Driver
^Heard this is a great driver, I am ordering these in a newer model (V8) soon.

or

Survival Laser Adjustable Current Driver

both 16.8mm to fit Eitans 501b heatsinks...

Last edited:
Posting here as I plan to send in my DOA arcane 2.0 3w 405nm laser.
Hoping that I can upgrade the cheap components without shelling out too much cash Than needs to be in this POS.

He gave me the run around for a long time so PayPal probably can't refund me but I will try.

Pman

Thanks 94, I ordered the V5 a moment ago. For some reason I thought they only sold the blitzbuck.
I think you meant 3W 445nm Zombie as there's no such thing as a 3W 405nm. If there was a 3W 405nm there would be a mad rush for them:)