Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Lasers TheJoker301 Does Not Tell the Truth to Customers or Uphold His Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk7000

Re: Sci-Fi Lasers - A Cautionary Tale for Those Who Would be Laser Builders

Very well put!

Thanks again, Mac. This is another example of why I am privileged to be able to call you my friend.

here it is. you're on point with it all and esp the part about mingling funds. if I was ever in that situation, I would ALWAYS

1. Use my own money to buy the first batch of parts, then use PROFIT from orders of builds from those parts to get new parts. even using money from orders to buy the parts for those orders could start one down this slippers slope

2. If I did get on this slope, I'd get back off of it as fast as I could and I'd never spend order money on anything other than parts for orders until said orders are complete.

a sensible and responsible person would've done this

also, at his prices, I'd guess that the only way to make substantial profit would be to do mass quantity, which requires mass quantities of time, meaning maybe quit your day job. if that's not possible and you only ever wanted to do this on free time as a side project or hobby, then shoulda had prices a little higher than just over cost of parts and shipping so that it is a worthwhile expenditure of your time while remaining manageable

Last edited:
Re: My experience with SciFi lasers

Hi,

Also here no replies from Eitan to my emails. I also started a PayPal claim, luckily still within 180 days. Let's see what happens. Hope the best for all others who ordered a laser and didn't get anything!

check out Sanwu....

and there's custom builder like:

Alien laser

Isaac Clarke

ABarnete

I wonder what the guys who put a paypal claim in would do if the laser turned up at their doorstep after the claims.... just curious ,
I understand that is seems Things are going bad for Eitan lately but keep in mind guys if he did send a laser to some people and we get the claim money too are we just as bad as a seller not giving the money or the laser to us.....

anyway, I Hope Eitan can come back and talk to us all, we need some clarity

Test the laser to make sure it works, and resend the payment as a gift.

Since he said he can only, maybe, complete 20 orders, I think its a safe bet there are many more waiting, and won't be getting anything back.

Re: Unhappy with Sci-Fi Lasers - Partially Resolved

Updated - laser needs a lot of work, it feels like it was his "meh, it's good enough to ship" laser. As noted in op thread, batteries didn't contact, laser doesn't focus right, it's externally damaged, and the power button didn't work until I removed the rubber button cover from it.

I'm trying to see if I can return it but now his site is gone. (it's also still not the right host compared to what I ordered)

Consider yourself lucky you got anything, and that it turns on. You can open a dispute with paypal, and see where that leads you, but that's about it.

The problem is, paypal will likely tell you to ship the laser back, as per standard procedure, at your cost. If you do, they would normally give a refund.

The bigger problem is, if he already has a negative balance on the account (as he said he does) there is no account from which to refund you from, so you're at the mercy of paypal as to whether they will cover the refund at their cost.

Updated - laser needs a lot of work, it feels like it was his "meh, it's good enough to ship" laser. As noted in op thread, batteries didn't contact, laser doesn't focus right, it's externally damaged, and the power button didn't work until I removed the rubber button cover from it.

I'm trying to see if I can return it but now his site is gone. (it's also still not the right host compared to what I ordered)

Sorry to hear that..

Join the crowd, open a Paypal claim, don't forget to escalate it to a dispute.

iop

Re: Sci Fi Lasers - waiting since 9/2015

DHL tracking says, he received the package on April the 11th.
He did not answer since 6th April and 3 emails.

He's gone.... You file PayPal for refunds...after you get your money back I'll can build you the same thing. With 10days shipping

Hibro

My 100mw 532nm laser from Lazerer is way brighter, despite being 80% IR and only like 15mw of green. 3w of 445 should at least be comparable to 15mw of 532. Unfortunately I don't have any easy way to test this.

80% of IR? Are you sure you get this info correctly? I think you mislead by their power certificate. The IR filter they use is actually a IR pass through filter so the 15mW you mention should be the IR output. Another graph is showing the pure 532 output.

iop

It is too late to claim the money over paypal. I will contact my lawyer, in case he really keeps ignoring me, or no progress is made the next days.

Just do a claim he is gone like a coward he closed his fraud shop after his silly apology lmao..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.