Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Lasers SF502b 445 3W BEAST

So I decided that I needed something a little more beefy than my laserbtb HL 1W. I'd heard good things about sci-fi lasers so I ordered a 502b. Unfortunately, the first laser was lost in the mail but Eitan sent another one via EMS right away. I was very pleased with his response time. It took about a week for the laser to arrive and all questions regarding shipping were answered quickly and thoroughly. When the laser initially arrived, it had no damage to the host. Initially, I was not able to get the lens to work, but after fiddling around a bit it worked fine and continues to do so. The power on this thing is INSANE. I have a 1.2W 445 and it doesn't even come close to what I got from Sci-Fi. The beam is easily visible even in the daytime and looks wicked (shudders) at night. I am using eFest Li-Mg batteries to power this laser, as the current draw at this power can be too much for standard Li-Ion batteries like Ultrafires. As far as burning power goes, this thing will ignite almost anything I put it to. Wood, plastic, paper products of any kind, all ignite, not smoke, ignite. I'm incredibly satisfied with this product and will be buying from Eitan again so I will let you know how my next purchase goes. I have included in the pictures 2 shots comparing it to my 1.2W HL445 from laserbtb, just so you can see the difference

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2992.jpg
    IMG_2992.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2994.jpg
    IMG_2994.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 440

Ricker

Glad to hear bud, that looks like one bad ass beast! How's the divergence? And what's the "dot" look like? How about the duty cycle on that badboy?

There is a lot of divergence, pretty much what you would expect from a diode of this power at this wavelength, but it certainly makes up for that with raw power and the lens does focus well. I tried to take a picture of the dot but it just doesn't show it's shape on my crappy iPhone camera. Duty cycle is 60 on 60 off, but honestly I feel like it could handle more.

GSS

Love it, im all jealous but in the last pic that beauty is awfully close to the end of the table:eek:

Pman

Some REP to get you rolling.
How much larger is this than the intended 501b?