Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scammer List - READ BEFORE TRADING

jatic

No I haven't been scammed, but shouldn't this thread be sticky so everyone would notice it before losing his money?  :)
(I think it was sticky earlier?..)

Stay away from this eBay seller thewindsurfman

I recently purchased 4 Laser Pointer from thewindsurfman thinking they were "Leadlight" in Chrome finish. What I received were 4 black Dollar Store Laser Pointers. :mad: As you can see, the title picture shown "leadlight" in chrome finish, the description title shown the box of the "leadlight" Laser Pointer, the description text says "leadlight 5mW Green Laser Pointer"

The seller refuses to take them back. I opened a Paypal dispute and escalated to Claim.

Here are the items his is selling as "Leadlight"

Can I say something useful as many may know, Through paypal I ONLY pay with credit card so if i get scammed I can do a charge back because paypal wont do shit to get your money back.

just got a chargeback from a customer for no apparent reason. DO NOT SELL TO THIS PERSON.

David Johanson
425 Carlyn Ave
Campbell CA 95008
UNITED STATES
408 866-6523
davejohanson@gmail.com

i don't know his LPF user name and I doubt he is even a member, but for SenKat, rkcstr, and DrLava, I'd advise to not sell to this person.

-Kendall

pseudonomen137 scammed me out of $425!

It's ironic how the crusader against scammers turns out to be a scammer himself!

Back in May I ordered a 170mW greenie from him and it turned out to be underpowered. I returned it and he sent me another unit that turned out to be underpowered as well with terrible thermal stability (it lost over half its power in under 30 seconds in an 80 degree room).

He verified that the first unit was underpowered but claimed the second was "in spec" even though he admitted there was a huge power drop once it heated up. Thus he refused to give me a refund.

2 weeks ago he claimed he had just received a suitable replacement with much better stability and he would soon ship it out.

I haven't gotten crap and now he won't respond to any email or private messages!

drjohnny said:
pseudonomen137 scammed me out of $425!

It's ironic how the crusader against scammers turns out to be a scammer himself!

Back in May I ordered a 170mW greenie from him and it turned out to be underpowered. I returned it and he sent me another unit that turned out to be underpowered as well with terrible thermal stability (it lost over half its power in under 30 seconds in an 80 degree room).

He verified that the first unit was underpowered but claimed the second was "in spec" even though he admitted there was a huge power drop once it heated up. Thus he refused to give me a refund.

2 weeks ago he claimed he had just received a suitable replacement with much better stability and he would soon ship it out.

I haven't gotten crap and now he won't respond to any email or private messages!

We have had this misunderstanding before. DO not jump to conclusions. Tagging someone as a scammer is serious business. Pseudo can be "out" at times, and will not respond to e-mail/PM. He has not scammed you, and will definitely get back to you. Have you tried Talking to him through laserchat, or And IM service? Maybe you could get his phone number and give him a call.

Surely, he has NOT scammed you, I can guarantee that.

regards,

amk

AMK - not arguing with you just for the sake of argument - but Pseudo HAS demonstrated an absolute lack of concern over Dr Johnny's entire issue. I have said this many times in the past, and really don't mind saying it again....COMMUNICATION is key. Without a simple, "Hey - been super busy, I'll let you know in two week's time" it becomes an issue....anytime anyone is ignored that is the middle of a deal, it pisses them off - and the "Dr" has PLENTY to be pissed about. Pseudo may or may not be scamming him, but if you remove your personal opinion of Pseudo from the picture, and look on it objectively, you would be shaking the walls with your fury after being treated the way the "Dr" has been treated by Pseudo. Just food for thought, is all.

SenKat_Stonetek said:
AMK - not arguing with you just for the sake of argument - but Pseudo HAS demonstrated an absolute lack of concern over Dr Johnny's entire issue.  I have said this many times in the past, and really don't mind saying it again....COMMUNICATION is key.  Without a simple, "Hey - been super busy, I'll let you know in two week's time" it becomes an issue....anytime anyone is ignored that is the middle of a deal, it pisses them off - and the "Dr" has PLENTY to be pissed about.  Pseudo may or may not be scamming him, but if you remove your personal opinion of Pseudo from the picture, and look on it objectively, you would be shaking the walls with your fury after being treated the way the "Dr" has been treated by Pseudo.  Just food for thought, is all.

There is no personal opinion involved. I have never bought from him, do not know his name, and in fact I dont even think I have talked with him before.

SenKat, As a Veteran of these boards, some research will yield you my proof ;)

Out of pure experience, I know he hasn't scammed you, and yes, I agree that you have a right to be pissed if you are neglected in the middle of a deal.

Have patience, try to contact him,

amk

amkdeath said:
[quote author=SenKat_Stonetek link=1206787148/80#86 date=1217707536]AMK - not arguing with you just for the sake of argument - but Pseudo HAS demonstrated an absolute lack of concern over Dr Johnny's entire issue. I have said this many times in the past, and really don't mind saying it again....COMMUNICATION is key. Without a simple, "Hey - been super busy, I'll let you know in two week's time" it becomes an issue....anytime anyone is ignored that is the middle of a deal, it pisses them off - and the "Dr" has PLENTY to be pissed about. Pseudo may or may not be scamming him, but if you remove your personal opinion of Pseudo from the picture, and look on it objectively, you would be shaking the walls with your fury after being treated the way the "Dr" has been treated by Pseudo. Just food for thought, is all.

There is no personal opinion involved. I have never bought from him, do not know his name, and in fact I dont even think I have talked with him before.

SenKat, As a Veteran of these boards, some research will yield you my proof ;)

Out of pure experience, I know he hasn't scammed you, and yes, I agree that you have a right to be pissed if you are neglected in the middle of a deal.

Have patience, try to contact him,

amk[/quote]

Christ, dude - freaking READ one of my posts before you get all pissy for once, huh ? I was not arguing with you - I was trying to point out something - obviously my attempt was wasted on an inferior intellect, so I will drop it. I will not bother you again with anything resembling logic, or intelligence - for I know you cannot handle it.

Foobario said:
There's a lot of love in this room.

Not as much love, as there is ignorance and pettiness. (yes, I KNOW you meant that as sarcastically as possible)

Something EVERYONE should have hammered into their brains is that the essence of a "scammer" is almost purely an OPINION as much as it is anything else. A "scammer" could be interpreted by someone to be one who purposely or at least repetitively delays delivery of a product, or it could be someone who doesn't deliver what was ordered, etc - in the most pure sense of the word, IN MY OPINION - a scammer is simply someone who takes your money, and does not deliver what you ordered, in the time frame that was agreed upon when it was ordered. That is pretty black and white to me - it may NOT be the way others interpret "scamming" but that is what I generally base my opinions on. Sometimes outside influences interrupt the whole retail process - and it is impossible to deliver when you say you will (please see my horrid GB for the Sentorches for a PERFECT example of this) and as long as communications are there, in place - to prevent folks from screaming, "SCAMMER !!!" then you are generally okay. I know it is impossible to please all of the people, all of the time - but COMMUNICATIONS is where is at, folks - make no bones about it - PERIOD.

Anyways, I have made my point - and cannot force it down the throats of those too freaking ignorant to recognize logic and intelligence when they see it - so there it stands.

After what he pulled on me over the course of the past almost 2 months, I think Jake-21 ought to be on this list. The 1st time stuff like this happened, he was all apologetic & like a dumb-ass I even gave him rep pts, TWICE. But after hearing the same old song & dance excuse "lol" I realized the 'expletive' was actually scamming me & had no intention of ever doing any deals with me. To top it off I'm out a brand new 803T diode & at least $10.00 in S/H costs from having to have to send his "GREAT LASER" fixed by him! :mad: Then today he posts that he "would have done a trade with me, but didn't know what he was trading for" when I told him to go to the WL website, & look up the PHOENIX LASER in the EXECUTIVE SERIES, he tells me HE CANT FIND WICKEDS SITE :eek:How can you NOT find WICKEDS site ? :-? I live in Indiana,& he just lives a short drive away in Ohio, & I've got half a mind to drive over to his house on ROSE LANE, in PORT CLINTON, & have a "TALK" with him. phoenix77/rob

phoenix77 said:
After what he pulled on me over the course of the past almost 2 months, I think Jake-21 ought to be on this list. The 1st time stuff like this happened, he was all apologetic & like a dumb-ass I even gave him rep pts, TWICE. But after hearing the same old song & dance excuse "lol" I realized the 'expletive' was actually scamming me & had no intention of ever doing any deals with me. To top it off I'm out a brand new 803T diode & at least $10.00 in S/H costs from having to have to send his "GREAT LASER" fixed by him! :mad: Then today he posts that he "would have done a trade with me, but didn't know what he was trading for" when I told him to go to the WL website, & look up the PHOENIX LASER in the EXECUTIVE SERIES, he tells me HE CANT FIND WICKEDS SITE :eek:How can you NOT find WICKEDS site ?  :-? I live in Indiana,& he just lives a short drive away in Ohio, & I've got half a mind to drive over to his house on ROSE LANE, in PORT CLINTON, & have a "TALK" with him. phoenix77/rob
that is a bit extreme. i don't think Jake21 scammed you, he sells quality products and is really good at making lasers.

i just bought 3 from him and will give a review on them for him. his camera isn't very good, so some nice pics should be interesting :) one is a blu ray at 180mA! craziness.

i hope u and jake get ur deal figured out, he is having surgery apparently and needs all the help he can get, which is why i bought so much from him.

take it easy,
Kendall

if he files a paypal dispute against me hes definately a scammer. usps tracking said item was delivered on the 8/7 and hes telling me he hasnt received it yet. ive provided all the info needed to check on the package but he threatened to put me on his "bad side." yeah well go ahead brother cuz im done dealin with you. period.