Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu's 445nm 500mW G7 lens Pocket series laser review!

I am really sorry for the flipped pictures, right click on them and click open image in new tab to see the images normally. Goddamn LPF...
This is my first real laser review, so please go easy on me :thanks:
Anyways, onto the review!!

Waiting period.
I ordered the laser on November 5th, it shipped on November 14th and arrived on November 26th. I really forgot to do a review on it, but here it is, late, but still there :).

The first impressions!
When it arrived i thought that they've only gave me some toy flashlight, because it was so tiny. But after putting the goggles on and turning it on, I was totally blown away. I was even scared to turn it on, because it was SO FRIGGIN POWERFUL!! You can easily see the dot at any light level and the beam is visible in dimly lit rooms and outsides. Everything is machined perfectly, everything screws on and of seamlessly. You wouldn't even think that it unscrews before you try it. The size to power ratio is amazing on this thing. I'll just quickly throw in a size comparison VS my old Laser 303:
VgsDxy.jpg

As I don't have the tools to measure beam divergence or power, I'll just say that it is VERY powerful.

The specs.
This is a (probably) 500mW 445nm Sanwu pocket with G7 lens. It takes a 10440 battery (You can also ask Podo for one before ordering). The duty cycle that works for me is 30sec on/off. This is the tiniest handheld laser I've ever held. Well, keychain lasers are tinier, but they aren't handheld, they're KEYCHAIN!!

The POWEEEERR
It will light match in a split second when focused, when not focused then in a few seconds still lights them up. (Black) balloons pop with no effort at all. I've only had black balloons, so testing colored balloons later. So, without further ado, onto the

BEAMSHOTS!!!!!
One of my first beamshots of this laser:
kQxqeH.jpg

Picture taken respectively 15 minutes before and after sunset:
4CL9ZV.jpg

T42qtG.jpg

Conclusion
This thing is just amazing. Good job, Francis, you've gotten another person addicted to lasers. But the duty cycle doesn't allow me to give it max points, instead, this tiny beast will get a 9/10 from me. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, feel free to reply to this thread. And don't forget that there is that tiny button that says +rep, you would make my day if you would click it. Thanks for reading, and peace out.
-Silver

Last edited:

I just noticed that this dude-->:lasergun:<--and neither this dude wear laser safety goggles. Can LPF fix this, it's giving bad advice to beginners :crackup:

Nexgen

Good review bro! :beer:
Beautiful description and pictures!
I have currently 2 Pockets in my collection now, they are beautiful tiny lasers! Enjoy your laser and stay safe! :) +rep
Are you planning on buying another laser?

Last edited:

BobMc

Nice read SSilver44. Sooo true, these little Pockets are such a nice little unit. They have a little hole down on the tail cap, I'm guessing it's for an o-ring to hook unto something. I tried to put an o-ring in and when I put it in my pocket it has a habit of compressing the button so you might want to watch that. There're such fun to play, with you might want to grab a couple extra batteries so the fun doesn't stop. Enjoy and be safe.

I just noticed that this dude-->:lasergun:<--and neither this dude wear laser safety goggles. Can LPF fix this, it's giving bad advice to beginners :crackup:

He's a progressive, he makes up his own reality. :crackup: :)

Edit; That's too weird, when I look at your thread on my iPhone the pictures are upright. On my computer not so much. Weird, :thinking:

Last edited:

Podo

Thanks for the review. :beer:

Last edited:
Are you planning on buying another laser?

Yes, I'm already thinking about buying a 1w+ blue laser, probably even a 465nm one, because I really like the color of 465's. But ATM I'm kinda stuck between the Jetlasers PL-E mini and the Sanwu guardian/challenger. Probably taking a PL-E mini just because I would like to "taste" another quality company's lasers too.

There're such fun to play, with you might want to grab a couple extra batteries so the fun doesn't stop
Yeah, there's the bad thing. About 0 good 10440 batteries ship to Estonia :(

Thanks for the review. :beer:
Thanks for the reply. :beer:

Last edited:

BobMc

Yeah, there's the bad thing. About 0 good 10440 batteries ship to Estonia :(

Oh man, that's terrible! Had no idea, Efest wouldn't ship to Estonia. Hope you find something that will. I good quality battery(s) are a must. :thinking:

Last edited:
Oh man, that's terrible! Had no idea, Efest wouldn't ship to Estonia. Hope you find something that will. I good quality battery(s) are a must. :thinking:

Today's my lucky day! After 2+hours of searching I FINALLY found a website that sells the 10440 efest batteries. Hooray!! I've already ordered them and they'll arrive on the 23th :) it's like an early Christmas present :D. But I somehow forgot my current battery in laser when it was really empty and a few minutes later I realized that I forgot the power button to ON state when the (empty) batteries were in. Good that the batteries were completely empty, otherwise I would have a dead laser and probably burnt down house today. Good thing that all the protections kicked in and my laser, my dog and the battery are still alive. I'll just be more careful with my laser next time. Lesson learned.

BobMc

Today's my lucky day! After 2+hours of searching I FINALLY found a website that sells the 10440 efest batteries. Hooray!! I've already ordered them and they'll arrive on the 23th :) it's like an early Christmas present :D. But I somehow forgot my current battery in laser when it was really empty and a few minutes later I realized that I forgot the power button to ON state when the (empty) batteries were in. Good that the batteries were completely empty, otherwise I would have a dead laser and probably burnt down house today. Good thing that all the protections kicked in and my laser, my dog and the battery are still alive. I'll just be more careful with my laser next time. Lesson learned.

Glad you found a place that ships to Efest to your country. It's what I use in my Pockets and they seem to hold up just fine. Here's the link I use. Don't know if they will ship to Estonia, but it might be worth a try?

https://www.imrbatteries.com/efest-10440-350mah-flat-top-battery/

So true, with Sanwu's built in protections they have saved a few from my own mistakes. It's one of the nice things about there builds. Lessons learned. :)

Last edited:
Glad you found a place that ships to Efest to your country. It's what I use in my Pockets and they seem to hold up just fine. Here's the link I use. Don't know if they will ship to Estonia, but it might be worth a try?

https://www.imrbatteries.com/efest-10440-350mah-flat-top-battery/

So true, with Sanwu's built in protections they have saved a few from my own mistakes. It's one of the nice things about there builds. Lessons learned. :)
IMR Batteries was my first webpage I looked at, but they only ship to USA and Canada.

BobMc

IMR Batteries was my first webpage I looked at, but they only ship to USA and Canada.

Sorry to hear that. :( I'd certainly like to know their reason for not, it would be interesting to know?

Glad you found a place that would. :)