Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Spiker 5w 470nm

Finally received this crazy handheld laser from sanwu about a week ago and I am very impressed. Obviously it's crazy bright and burns like a champ. The host quality is much better than expected and I was expecting border line perfection. The host is MASSIVE and built very well. Very visible beam in the daylight.

25icis8.jpg

Divergence is terrible as expected, but what I didn't expect is a 2nd beam that shoots parallel with the main beam. It's very visible and hopefully that's clear in the picture.

s617km.jpg

Overall I'm impressed with this laser. The 2nd beam that's projected along with the main beam really kills it for me. It ruins the look of the laser output in my opinion. This would be an easy 10/10 review from me but personally I can't stand that second beam. I'll end it off with some shots, including a size comparison with some other lasers.

2e1rgxw.jpg

4h5qc4.jpg

21lsfw0.jpg

Last edited:

Awesome looking laser PolarAZ, its a shame you have the double beam problem, maybe there is a fix for that, have you tried contacting Sanwu about it?
I would expect a powerful Sanwu laser to have bad divergence and light artifacts, that's a thing to think about before buying one.

I cannot quite see a second beam in the photo, I see extra light next to the main beam which looks like what I call wings. Can you find someone else who has one and see if that is what happens with all of them, or just yours? Sanwu should be the go to for that though.

Gazen

Thanks for the review. What lens are you using? What does the raw output of the diode look like?

Encap

Overall I'm impressed with this laser. The 2nd beam that's projected along with the main beam really kills it for me. It ruins the look of the laser output in my opinion. This would be an easy 10/10 review from me but personally I can't stand that second beam. I'll end it off with some shots, including a size comparison with some other lasers and my boi Jefe', a 7 foot Honduran milk snake.

E-mail Podo/Sanwu and tell it has a second beam which ruins it for you not to mention makes it defective----no way a first quality example should has a second beam.

They should repair or replace it for you.

No reason for you to just accept that---is unacceptable.

E-mail Podo/Sanwu and tell it has a second beam which ruins it for you not to mention makes it defective----no way a first quality example should has a second beam.

They should repair or replace it for you.

No reason for you to just accept that---is unacceptable.

Yep, especially for such a high price.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for sharing, Polar, I think I see your second beam in the second photo, it looks like you can see the dot below the main beam, and can just make out the beam.

As Encap previously mentioned, I'd contact Podo/Sanwu, this isn't normal.

GSS

I'm going to ask something very stupid on my part..Are you referring maby to the wide axis of this multi mode diode as the 2nd beam?
Turning the host in hand 1/4 turn will make it show brighter or a little dimmer..

Last edited:
That's not what I'm referring to. I opted for the g7 lense to clear that up for you guys.

GSS

My bad:eek:
It would bother me too on such a nice unit:( It's hard to see in pic's though..

I guess I still don't get it. Regardless of the lens used you shouldn't have a satellite beam in addition to the main one. Couldn't see what you are talking about from your photos. I hope you are able to resolve any problems you are having as Sanwu doesn't exactly give these lasers away. Good luck.

I would contact Podo here and tell him your problems. This is a brand new laser and shouldn't have any lens problems. I would think they would fix this for you.

Podo

May have found the issue. There's hazing in the shape of the beam on the lense.

http://i68.tinypic.com/35k3ath.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

The dust cover reflects part of the laser beam sometime, you can adjust it(nose tweezers, turn it counter-clockwise) to remove the blemish.

Last edited: