Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Pocket 520nm stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, This is my first post on this forum! I am only 15 years old and I only have basic knowledge of lasers. I need help with my sanwu pocket 520nm 50mw laser.

I got it around 2 weeks ago give or take a few days and has been working fine since. Today it was working fine until a few hours ago when I popped in a fresh battery and started screwing in the tailcap with the switch in the off position, when the laser turned on suddenly and then turned off. I screwed in the cap all the way and tried to turn the laser on and nothing! I thought maybe it was the battery but nope... It works barely works and the output power is less than 1mw. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I wouldn't like to send it back to sanwu because someone else bought it for me and I don't have the order number. I'm pretty sure something short circuited and the diode got blown but how would I know if it got blown?
Any help would be appreciated! Sorry for all the questions since I'm new here.

2f4dfb86584629eec97f9346b10fbd61.jpg
9ec42ae84bef45eca0a53b4960c8b484.jpg

BobMc

Any chance you have a multi-mode driver and it just switch modes? I've had a multi-driver do just that. When I put the batteries in and try to screw the tap cap on and I miss, and I completed the circuit which makes the makes the multi-mode driver jump modes. Worth a shot? :thinking:

How would I switch it back if it just jumped modes? and when your driver jumped modes did it not work properly until it was put into the correct mode? Thanks for replying!

BobMc

How would I switch it back if it just jumped modes? and when your driver jumped modes did it not work properly until it was put into the correct mode? Thanks for replying!

Its best to go to Sanwu's site a read how to change modes. I could try to explained it but they do a much better job. Just follow their directions and wait the appropriate couple of seconds between maneuvers.

Yes, mine have done that on a couple of occasions.

Did you buy one with a multi-mode driver in it?

Last edited:

Encap

A. You need to be 18 years old to register on LPF for many reasons.
If you are 15 then you falsely represented yourself as being qualified to register as a member---the Terms of Use of LPF that you agreed to to register says:
"3. Eligibility--You must be the age of majority as that is defined in your jurisdiction to visit or use the Website in any manner. You represent and warrant to Laser Pointer Forums that You have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction, and that You have the right, authority and capacity to agree to and abide by this Agreement. You also represent and warrant to Laser Pointer Forums that You will use the Website in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations."

B. Does LPF look like LPF is the Sanwu warranty or repair Dept.? Email Sanwu with the pictures and ask them what to do for warranty or repair service --first try understand the web site instructions for single mode or multimode and follow them

C. Ask your parents who are actually legally responsible for everything you do --what to do. LPF is not a babysitting service.

D. From the Sanwu site:
"Single mode
On / off
Multi operations mode
Low power, half power, strobe, full power, sos
Turning on and off the laser to switch mode, the laser always starts with the mode that being used for more than three seconds in the last operation."

E. If you are staying here anyway despite misrepresenting your age and legal status---at least please make a Welcome post telling something about yourself in the Welcome sub-forum and indicate your location in you profile if you expect any real help or response on LPF.

Last edited:

BobMc

Mine has a single mode driver. And I really do think I just blew the diode :(

It's possible, was hopping it wasn't so. Contact Sanwu, see what they say. Best wishes.

Last edited:
Who is this poster really? I see the posters poster.

58218d1510704600-sanwu-pocket-520nm-stopped-working-jokerposter.jpg

Attachments

• jokerposter.JPG
    jokerposter.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
maybe its just the tailcap,take it off and get a metal piece or wire and manually make a contact with the batterry and the metal host(try on the thread not on the external paint)

i had a old red that was doing almost the same

Last edited:

diachi

A. You need to be 18 years old to register on LPF for many reasons.
If you are 15 then you falsely represented yourself as being qualified to register as a member---the Terms of Use of LPF that you agreed to to register says:
"3. Eligibility--You must be the age of majority as that is defined in your jurisdiction to visit or use the Website in any manner. You represent and warrant to Laser Pointer Forums that You have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction, and that You have the right, authority and capacity to agree to and abide by this Agreement. You also represent and warrant to Laser Pointer Forums that You will use the Website in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations."

B. Does LPF look like LPF is the Sanwu warranty or repair Dept.? Email Sanwu with the pictures and ask them what to do for warranty or repair service --first try understand the web site instructions for single mode or multimode and follow them

C. Ask your parents who are actually legally responsible for everything you do --what to do. LPF is not a babysitting service.

D. From the Sanwu site:
"Single mode
On / off
Multi operations mode
Low power, half power, strobe, full power, sos
Turning on and off the laser to switch mode, the laser always starts with the mode that being used for more than three seconds in the last operation."

E. If you are staying here anyway despite misrepresenting your age and legal status---at least please make a Welcome post telling something about yourself in the Welcome sub-forum and indicate your location in you profile if you expect any real help or response on LPF.

Stop being rude. Plenty of our well known and well respected members started here well before they were 18. Myself included. There's no need to drive someone away like that. OP seems to be perfectly reasonable, polite and well mannered. Nothing wrong with asking here about a potentially broken laser, seeing as we're the people that can suggest different troubleshooting steps or other possible suggestions as well as suggesting that OP contacts Sanwu if all else fails.

Seriously, there's no need for this sort of behavior, at least not in this case.

Who is this poster really? I see the posters poster.

Yes...? There are tons of different Joker posters available. Lots of people have them, especially after more recent movies featuring The Joker. :confused: :thinking: Can we stop with the paranoia? Ok? Thanks.

maybe its just the tailcap,take it off and get a metal piece or wire and manually make a contact with the batterry and the metal host(try on the thread not on the external paint)

i had a old red that was doing almost the same

Good suggestion! :beer:

Mine has a single mode driver. And I really do think I just blew the diode :(

Definitely the right battery? It's a Lithium 10440 you have in there and not a AAA, right? Pretty sure I've done that once or twice with mine... :p

Best to contact Sanwu assuming the above suggestion from deadshadow doesn't work, their customers service is usually top notch. Get the order number from whoever gave it to you if you can.

Best of luck and stay safe while lasering :beer:

Last edited:
Just PM someone next time you think they are being paranoid dude. What this probably shows is the guy indeed is a young teen, if not more. Trolls can be very gameful in their posts, don't discount anything in this forum brother.

diachi

Just PM someone next time you think they are being paranoid dude. What this probably shows is the guy indeed is a young teen, if not more. Trolls can be very gameful in their posts, don't discount anything in this forum brother.

No, I'm going to call it as I see it, publicly, and will continue to do so until it stops.

Plenty of people are young/don't know what they are doing or both. Doesn't make them trolls. I get people asking stupid (from my perspective at least) questions at work all day about their computers, doesn't mean I'm rude or I start calling them trolls based on nothing more than their question and the artwork hanging in their office.

Last edited:

Encap

Stop being rude. Plenty of our well known and well respected members started here well before they were 18. Myself included.
That does not change the reality of falsely registering--breaking Terms of Use--there are may real reasons that the age to register is what it is. Anyway, I don't imagine you are saying the Terms of Use don't matter however and I know what you are saying.-- was not needed.

I did take the time to cut and past the Sanwu instructions for him--and I did say email Sanwu as well and ask him to make a Welcome post so...

Last edited:

diachi

That does not change the reality of falsely registering--breaking Terms of Use--there are may real reasons that the age to register is what it is. Anyway, I don't imagine you are saying the Terms of Use don't matter however and I know what you are saying.-- was not needed.

I did take the time to cut and past the Sanwu instructions for him--and I did say email Sanwu as well and ask him to make a Welcome post so...

:beer:

And yes, you did provide some useful information, I should have acknowledged that.

Anyway, I think OP has the information they need now, we can probably let this thread die.

Last edited:
No, I'm going to call it as I see it, publicly, and will continue to do so until it stops.

Plenty of people are young/don't know what they are doing or both. Doesn't make them trolls. I get people asking stupid (from my perspective at least) questions at work all day about their computers, doesn't mean I'm rude or I start calling them trolls based on nothing more than their question and the artwork hanging in their office.

You_just_got_trolled.jpg

LOL... even active members can troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.