Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu lasers

Hi guys, I just purchased the 250mw version of the 405nm pocket series from sanwu lasers. https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/pocket

In one of the laser companies threads this website was recommended.

Is this a good laser, do you have experience with this company and will the 250mw be able to burn stuff well?

-Sean

Sanwu is an excellent company with excellent builds. 250mW of 405 should definitely be able to burn:)

Sta

Excellent choice!
250mW of 405 won't be all that visible, but it will be quite good for burning. You can burn a hole through many, many things with a well-focused 405.

:)

BobMc

Warning!!, that's how it starts, first you purchase one little laser. Than one more and another and another next thing you know you spent your mortgage on lasers,and you ask your wife to get a second job!( or third if your brave !) Heee hee, be safe enjoy your new Sanwu. It's a great little unit !

Or you get into laser projectors and your next purchase will be about 3600$

BobMc

Or you get into laser projectors and your next purchase will be about 3600$
Ooooch, and I thought I had bad!! You must be talking your wife into a seventh and eighth job. Or your sleeping on the couch. ( it not to bad I'm there a lot it seems) 3600.00 oooch, I was intertaining the idea of spending 4000.00 ish on a 40-70watt knife edge but am trying to talk myself out of it!! Wish me luck!

Last edited:
I have a one watt 405. This one will set things on FIRE!. SANWU, Podo is the best. When I had trouble with the module, he sent another one right out. The craftsmanship is superb!. You will want all of them 😈

MrEgg

Sanwu lasers are incredible. The 650nm 250mw Pocket Series burns stuff, especially when focused and has a lovely red beam at night.

They're fantastic little lasers and you will not regret your purchase. I immediately ordered the 445nm 500mw Pocket soon after the 650nm one arrived, I was so impressed.

The 445nm Pocket with G7 lens is incredible. It's a slippery slope though, I ordered my third laser from Sanwu recently, a 3 watt 445nm Silver Series. It got bumped in shipping and the lens wasn't aligned upon arrival, so Francis very kindly accepted a return of the diode/focus adjuster for realignment. I have half a laser at present, just the battery tube and button cap. This time around I ordered the Multi-mode function and so glad that I did, took a few minutes to get used to the half clicks, to switch between modes, but well worth considering. The safety lock <10mw is a fantastic feature and works a treat. You'll be back for more, I know I am keen on the 1 watt 520nm Silver Series, but will have to wait until 2017 to order that one!

Sanwu's burning a hole in my pocket! No regrets though, top quality stuff!!! :) Thanks Podo....

Last edited:
Sanwu lasers are incredible. The 650nm 250mw Pocket Series burns stuff, especially when focused and has a lovely red beam at night.

They're fantastic little lasers and you will not regret your purchase. I immediately ordered the 445nm 500mw Pocket soon after the 650nm one arrived, I was so impressed.

The 445nm Pocket with G7 lens is incredible. It's a slippery slope though, I ordered my third laser from Sanwu recently, a 3 watt 445nm Silver Series. It got bumped in shipping and the lens wasn't aligned upon arrival, so Francis very kindly accepted a return of the diode/focus adjuster for realignment. I have half a laser at present, just the battery tube and button cap. This time around I ordered the Multi-mode function and so glad that I did, took a few minutes to get used to the half clicks, to switch between modes, but well worth considering. The safety lock <10mw is a fantastic feature and works a treat. You'll be back for more, I know I am keen on the 1 watt 520nm Silver Series, but will have to wait until 2017 to order that one!

Sanwu's burning a hole in my pocket! No regrets though, top quality stuff!!! :) Thanks Podo....
Can you tell me what you think about the Silver Series 3 watt laser?

I have a 3w 445nm Sanwu Silver series that I picked up from a member here and I absolutely love it. It is definitely my favorite laser. It have a g2 lens in it right now and it has no issues setting things on fire from a few feet away when focused.

Jhop

My Sanwu Spiker Saber is my favorite Laser. It is just sooo purty. And burns damn near everything, and is only a 1.6w 445nm. with a g7 lens, so more like 1.8w. I dont have a LPM(yet) So I dunno for sure its measurement. But I can burn wood, paper, cardboard, clothing, pretty much anything I throw at it. And the beam is so pretty. The host is really superb craftmenship. I am not sure what i will get next, but it will be a couple months after xmas before I can afford another expensive one. I might nab that 405 pocket tho in the mean time :evil:

MrEgg

Hi Crazlaser,

Where do I begin?

BUILD QUALITY:
The quality of workmanship on this laser is outstanding and it's wonderful to just look at as a high quality object. I opted for the smooth finish as I like to keep the look of the laser sleek and minimal. Everything fits together 100% seamlessly, the screw threads are tight yet incredibly smooth. The joins between the sections are completely invisible and nearly almost to the touch. It's only when you grip the different sections and twist, do you come to realise it comes apart.

FEEL:
The laser is heavy, at around 350g of copper / copper nickel is weighs a considerable amount for it's size and that's before you put the batteries in.
It's incredibly smooth, everything is engineered to a very high and flawless degree. Like an alien civilisation has created it, and it's fallen to Earth, that's my impression.

OPERATION:
I chose the Multi-mode version, with it being such high power, I like to be able to lock it in <10mw safety mode. I like the strobe effect too and the fact you have two other modes either side of Strobe which are Half Power 60% and Full Power 100%. I have a G7 lens in mine and the beam is phenomenal, you can see it indoors in daylight very clearly, a stunning royal blue. At night, it's incredibly bright, the brightest blue and the beam goes on forever, like a light sabre in the sky. It sets fire to almost anything, wood, paper, it's a real burner, even when unfocused and set to infinity.

The button at the rear is very firm to the click and feels solid, highly durable and very reliable. The half click process to cycle through Safety Mode <10mw, Half Power 60%, Strobe, Full Power 100% and S.O.S. is easy to get used to, once you find the right pressure to apply and when to let go. It takes a tiny bit of getting used to and is very easy to use.

Overall I give this laser 10/10.

In the coming year I want to add the 1 Watt 520nm Silver Series and the 1 Watt 635nm Challenger II to my collection.

If you love lasers and a quality product, you shall not be disappointed with this purchase.

FINALLY:
Treat it as a loaded gun, with caution and respect.

ALWAYS WEAR THE APPROPRIATE SAFETY GLASSES.

Have fun!!! :)

p.s. I noted that you own a Sanwu 800mw 635nm Challenger. Can you tell me what this laser is like, compared to the 650nm 250mw Pocket Series. What is the beam like etc? Thanks :)

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
+rep for the safety advice MrEgg. I am glad you are happy with your laser from Sanwu. :)