Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu 7W silver

If the diode fails due to COD, it will continue to pull the same amount of current and you will still get the same amount of waste heat. If that is the case, replacement of the diode is your only option.

Yep, facet damage means little to no lasing. But current draw remains the same, sometimes higher if the driver has compensation but will reach its current limit and hold there.

Beam expander arrived today. Unfortunately, it's threaded different than the laser head! It WILL attach but not screw down more than 1-2 threads leaving an ugly gap! It does the job though. Could easily start a forest fire with this thing!

BobMc

I’d email Sanwu and request another one. You’ve waited to long for it already. I’m sure Sanwu will send another one. I’m wondering if Sanwu even knows about the thread difference. Let us know what they say. But I’d diffidently ask.

You need a proper one.

Last edited:
Podo did reply to my PM. He asked me to try brute forcing [sic] into the copper focusing ring. That's just not happening because the threads are too far off. This picture may provide some explanation here!

IMG_3713.jpg

That's as far as she goes.

He did say they can send another one or some means to adapt it, etc.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Sorry to see that your new BE won't thread all the way in, it looks as if have it pretty square, and not cross threaded.
How do the threads look on the host, are they torn up at all?

Edit: I'd be real careful trying to force the BE in any farther, as it may not want to come back out, also, you may get metal particles on the lens, and in a worst case scenerio, you could end up possibly twisting the module and breaking wires or shorting it out.

Last edited:
No, the threads on both parts are perfect. Just different pitch. :D

And yes, like any optical train including my pro camera gear, if it doesn't fit, I NEVER force it. That's just asking for something really bad to happen in which the only fix is to throw money at it. Sometimes a lot! :D

Last edited:
That is terrible, Nordhavn. I hope they do send you a new BE as this one seems to have a problem. That, or the threads on the host lens is defective. Can't really tell from your Photo. I got my G7 lens yesterday, and it does work to diminish the terrible divergence of the Mits P73 diode. Haven't done an optical power comparison yet.

Last edited:
Host threads are buttery smooth. I can remove the objective element just fine. Which BTW has no optical power, it's the equivalent of what photographers use called a "UV" filter. It protects the expensive glass below. :D

BobMc

Sanwu’s known to have butter smooth threads it’s one of their “claim to fames” I’d ask for a replacement. Hope it show up quickly you been very patient.

Last edited:
Waiting isn't a problem and TBH I don't have a choice with the CNY coming up on 2/23.
The expander does its job and while the gap looks bad it's working for now.
I'm typically patient unless I'm down to my last kit and it breaks.
Then it's time to crank up some Pink Floyd! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dB6MQlFLu8

Last edited:
What is the burning range with the expander at 7W? For setting fire to brown paper, and for causing heat damage to black plastic/rubber? Talk about packing some heat
:lasergun:

Last edited:
Anyone here have one of these?
I just ordered along with the beam expander and G7 lens.

Hi mate.

I have 3W silver series, couldn't quite push myself to 7W really wish i brought the 5W now. Although after my 3W diode failing and having it repaired by Sanwu it's still not quite right and im having difficulty getting a response witch is frustrating considering the cost of them product ! :yabbem:

Be great to see a video of yours working when you receive!

hoo7h

Hi Paul,

Did you get a chance to test their G7?
I assume u got it in 7mm. Is it too short for a focus adapter? I mean where u able to catch enough turns for different focal points/infinity.

Cheers

That is terrible, Nordhavn. I hope they do send you a new BE as this one seems to have a problem. That, or the threads on the host lens is defective. Can't really tell from your Photo. I got my G7 lens yesterday, and it does work to diminish the terrible divergence of the Mits P73 diode. Haven't done an optical power comparison yet.

Last edited: