Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sale thread/ Hosts/Heat Sinks/Focus adapters/lasers

BeeOD

Can you give me some info on the last 3 the copper the green and silver. And what does each one need to be completed

BeeOD

Hi,
That 1x14500 trans blue was sold some time ago , it didn't last long . But if your interested I can machine another one. It welcome prewired for you to drop in your 12mm 488nm diode and driver. Or if you want a full build that can be arranged .
Oh I also have a translucent TEAL color powder to .
Rich:)

View attachment 66339
Do you have anymore like this?

Keep in mind if you plan on using a host for a 1 watt 520nm green direct diode they put out a lot of heat. For decent run times make the host's heat sink as large as you can afford. The forward voltage on these diodes in high compared to the blue's and therefore consume more power which most is turned into waste heat.

BeeOD

Keep in mind if you plan on using a host for a 1 watt 520nm green direct diode they put out a lot of heat. For decent run times make the host's heat sink as large as you can afford. The forward voltage on these diodes in high compared to the blue's and therefore consume more power which most is turned into waste heat.
I understand that it would need a copper heatsink the bigger the better it disapates the heat.so I figure what ever they are capable of working then that's what they will get plus I'll make sure to get DTRs full copper moduals. As long as they can burn, they will be fine. But I want the all copper one for me that he has. Thanks for info and all your help, I truly appreciate it!

Lifetime17 makes some small copper host that take very small batteries too. Those would not perform well with the amount of power these diodes consume.

I understand that it would need a copper heatsink the bigger the better it disapates the heat.so I figure what ever they are capable of working then that's what they will get plus I'll make sure to get DTRs full copper moduals. As long as they can burn, they will be fine. But I want the all copper one for me that he has. Thanks for info and all your help, I truly appreciate it!

2 x 18350 cells work just fine for my 1w greens and Lifetime17 has built several hosts for me that hold my 1w greens, just tell him what your expected duty cycle and application is and he can suggest some options, his hosts are pre wired and simple to use with a DTR diode module.

If you were going to do a lot of burning work such as wood burning then you could go with a 2 x 18650 host and a large heat sink, but if a pocket unit for occasional burning then something smaller is nice, also if you want to do a lot of burning work a 445-450nm blue is more efficient and stronger, something like a NDB7875 will do 3w in the same size host, greens are less efficient but appear brighter to our eye which is more sensitive to green than blue.

Last edited:
FOR SALE.. 25.00 + shipping
Hi LPF,
Here is a tiny EDC plug n play for the single mode diodes . It holds 1X16340 battery prewired . Has a rear click button switch , its 4" x 3/4 small . Nice for a PL520 or 520 B diode.
Rich:)

F874E3CC-556B-436C-942F-73BB0F74C961.jpeg60E7C6B6-3892-4062-ACED-B5E5EA36CC0A.jpeg72AEE360-A309-43EA-867A-60975AE408D5.jpeg

BeeOD

2 x 18350 cells work just fine for my 1w greens and Lifetime17 has built several hosts for me that hold my 1w greens, just tell him what your expected duty cycle and application is and he can suggest some options, his hosts are pre wired and simple to use with a DTR diode module.

If you were going to do a lot of burning work such as wood burning then you could go with a 2 x 18650 host and a large heat sink, but if a pocket unit for occasional burning then something smaller is nice, also if you want to do a lot of burning work a 445-450nm blue is more efficient and stronger, something like a NDB7875 will do 3w in the same size host, greens are less efficient but appear brighter to our eye which is more sensitive to green than blue.
My hubby and I were just talking about the difference between the green and blue right now then I read your post, lol.

BeeOD

I have a ?, What is the smallest type that can burn? I noticed he had some with single cell 16340 and even smaller battery's as well that are so pretty. But I don't know what size diodes or anything about them but that they are beautifully made. I mainly learned about the numb44/47 diodes and drivers.thanks for all you input it's helping me understand more.

Do you just want a cool pocket friendly laser that can burn for those " Hey that's cool " moments or do you want to do a lot of burning such as wood burning art ?

Any laser over 5mw can hurt your eyes so always remember that and if burning things you will need to wear laser safety glasses that attenuate the wavelength you are working with.

Lifetime17 can help you with a host to suit your purpose.

Lifetime17 made me some tiny heat sinks for a tiny, little greeny keychain. Package Is based on a PL520B diode and runs on a 10220 battery. Lasts maybe 3 minutes of constant run(never fully timed it).
They can be very small. They’re novel at best; not practical (for high power)
SGD🥃