Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sale thread/ Hosts/Heat Sinks/Focus adapters/lasers

GSS

Really nice work, Lifetime17

Your custom hosts and various coatings are looking very good indeed.
They sure do:)
The colored ones just have sweet looking luster and powered coated ones look thick and must feel good in the hand in host form.
Rich it must of took some time finding the right technique but you sure got it down pat;)

Hi GSS,
Yes it still tales time you need to prepare the metal finish before you can coat it. And it also has to be free of oil and dust or it will have very small imperfections that are't noticeable but I can see and that bugs me. But as for now I got that down pat.
Thanks for checking it out guys appreciated much

Rich:)

GSS

Rich, you just have to show the piece you machined for me from a plastic copy.
Guy's I had sent Rich a Star Trek phaser toy unmodded and just the way they come about 3 years ago so it helps him with my requests.
He has kept it and all it pieces stored away safely all this time and this morning I ask him by email to make a copy of a plastic piece from it in AL and in literally 15 minutes he machines it... May sound corny but it just doesn't get any better:)
Any one that makes props needs to use his service too..;)

Hi LPF,
Here is the Phaser knob I did for GSS, It took a little longer than 15min about 45 min but no biggie . These small items are tough to meet close specs enough to be applied to the finished product. Some pics hey I'm no Federico Falini in photography so easy on me guys.
There you go GSS,,

Rich:)fullsizeoutput_9d7.jpegfullsizeoutput_9d8.jpegfullsizeoutput_9d9.jpeg

GSS

Well looking at the Email message's times and no way it was 45 minutes long, ok maby 25 minutes tops;)
All while he was walking the dog, taking out the trash and shoveling snow:giggle: I also told him he didn't have to be precise and it was more for prop weight...

Hi GSS, When I'm on the lathe I have no concept of time ,but a regular host takes me 6 to 8 hours to finish depending on the size host. That sometimes include Power coating with another hour tacked on. Hope the phaser knob works out for you pal. Ships tomorrow with tracking

GSS

Oh yeah I know your builds are another story, in the zone, meticulous with your planning and time consuming..
and i'm sure EVERYONE will agree as iv'e yet to see anyone not happy:)
I was just happy, surprised and thankful you did it first thing for me and kindly guilty being treated so well:giggle:

Hi Gss,
No biggie was up at 5:00 am so I was doing nothing at the time. I put up an 11FT, Xmas tree and was with the well repair guys so it was perfect. And as a bonus the wife was still asleep so plenty of time buddy.

GSS

Hi Len,
No intro and a sale doesn't digest well around here , when folks come on the forum like that it makes you feel being used . Not good at all..

Anyway here is a nice 505nm 1X10440 copper sink build I did. Enjoy the pics folks,

Rich:)View attachment 62400View attachment 62401View attachment 62402View attachment 62403View attachment 62404
Hi Rich, just grabbed this beauty from my mail box..
I know you told me but I forgot about the battery position and i'm dying to try it.
Only asking because some of the 505's that are floating around are case positive..
What a great hefty feeling host and the black powder coating is something else:) Feels great in the hand and you sure got the system down pat. :)
The system doesn't show the pic's but just to know its the 505 host with the copper head sink and black body that takes a 10440

LaserRanger

Hello Rich, I'm wondering if you have any pen style hosts that take 10440, 10280 or 10180? I want to make a couple of low power (10-35mw) pointers for every day use with very short duty cycles. 20 seconds at most for pointing at moderate distances.

Hi LR,
I make pens but I really don't go that low In mW's and it depends on what WL you are after. Not saying it can't be done . But we need tarrow it down a bit to your preferences.

LaserRanger

Thanks Rich, we'll I don't want to go around burning retinas but a focusing feature would be nice. I'm looking for something in the size of the lumintop AAA tool. I have a copper one that I really like the size so I've been brainstorming ways of how to fit an aixiz module base and use a single 10440 lithium ion cell. I want to build 405,445,505,515,520 & 638. What would you say is a good power level that will be eye safe but still packs a wow factor

To be eye safe you really have only one option. That is <5 mW, regardless of wavelength. Unfortunately, wavelengths at the edges of the VIS spectrum are not terribly bright at this power. You will likely have to choose one or the other.