Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sale thread/ Hosts/Heat Sinks/Focus adapters/lasers

I have 1w 525 with a 3X beam expander on it and it's just fantastic at night, so I had a concept for a build that has a shroud around the beam expander built onto the host with a thumb and finger access port on each side.

Actually the shroud could be a simple slip over type deal to protect the beam expander, and if made as a smooth sided unit could hold 26650 cells and would look pretty cool, anyway I have built similar for a nubm44 unit and think it's a neat concept for a pocket build as well.

concept520BE1.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Gss,
Thank you I try to give more options in coatings, they put a twist on the regular finishes of today. You can match he coatings close to the WL'S . thanks buddy for looking and the reply.

Rich:)

Hi Zapp,
You might want to start a for sale thread just for your laser in the Buy Sell and Trade section. This way folks don't get mixed up with my thread here. I machine custom hosts as you can see buy the title. Anyway good luck with your sale . And you should introduce yourself in the welcome section first of all so folks can get to know you. Like were are you from do you have an occupation ETC>>

A 1 watt 445nm laser in a 501B host might be a bit high at $150.00. I have a 2.2 watt in an MS Envy host and if I were to sell it, that is what I would ask for it. It cost me more than that to build it, but all used lasers, no matter how little they were used are still used lasers.

Hey Rich,

I thought I read somewhere in the rules that you need to have a certain number of "points" etc in order to create a new thread? And that you can't "cheat" by just racking them up quickly by replying to posts. Do you have any suggestions. I can still do the "introduce myself" thing, but frankly I'd just like to sell the laser. I saw your post and thought this was just for anyone who is selling lasers. My apologies.

Hi Zapp,
Thats what I thought that you were thinking that this was were you posts sales. Hey no problem , About a welcome thread yes it will be nice and help your sales on the 501B /1W laser with accessories . All new members should do a welcome first and add a global location and a little something about themselves . Oh try going for $100.00 bucks on the laser with the stuff maybe it will move faster.
Just got the copper pen host in the mail. It looks even better in person. Thanks Lifetime!

@ Serentslayer I am glad you like it Copper is a real pain to machine and takes time because of the viscosity of the metal. I also make them in a 1 or 2 X 14500 configuration that bumps up the battery life. Oh need some beam shots buddy when your done. :)
Enjoy my pleasure ...

Last edited:
I received the hosts tonight and they look great, here's the little ss that I am happy to say is a lot thicket than I expected :D it feels nice and sturdy in the hand with the copper heat sink.

SANY3244.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Red,
Looks awesome with that 520 in it, that one SS host takes 1-18650 or 2-18350's. The Cu sink should provide a decent amount of heat transfer. Glad it came out well for you buddy.

It feels real nice in the hand although it was a very snug fit, that host might work better with an 18500 and a 15mm longer heat sink for future builds, it is a nifty and thick little unit. :)

Hi,
Try changing the spring + or - in length to fit the cell better .Glad you like it buddy

GSS

Hi Red, pic is pretty dark and hard to see the host. What kinda flashlight host is it?