Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SALE - PRICE REDUCED Sanwu Challenger II 4,000mW 470nm G7 Lens w/ Batteries & Charger

BobMc

Re: SALE - PRICE REDUCED Sanwu Challenger II 4,000mW 470nm G7 Lens w/ Batteries & Cha

I like the host :)

I agree Alien, Sanwu host are so sold and heavy feeling. I should get a little scale and weight them, they are extremely heavy for there size. Gives them some decent cooling. I fancy the ingraved one like this. Sanwu calls it "grids and groves" They are just some teriffic hosts.

Re: SALE - PRICE REDUCED Sanwu Challenger II 4,000mW 470nm G7 Lens w/ Batteries & Cha

Is this still for sale?

diachi

Is this still for sale?

You should introduce yourself in the welcome section. :beer: May have an easier time dealing with people on here.

BobMc

Is this still for sale?

Yes, it got adopted. As suggested make a "welcome" thread and tell us a little about yourself. You know, how many fingers and toes you have, what species, what planet? You know important stuff like that.

Welcome and enjoy. :)

Last edited:

Alhough the host is exquisite, I prefer longer hosts which use at a minimum two 18650 batteries, but many like small hosts, I'm sure you will have a sale soon.

Dang its been 6 months? Is it still available?

MrEgg

Yes, it got adopted. As suggested make a "welcome" thread and tell us a little about yourself. You know, how many fingers and toes you have, what species, what planet? You know important stuff like that.

Welcome and enjoy. :)

Hi BobMc, I know this is old old news but have never seen this thread and read the whole damn thing by the seat of my pants. What a rollercoaster!? Glad the 470nm Challenger II made it safely to your door and made your 520nm Challenger II a happy sibling.
I'm looking for buy their Silver Series 470nm or Challenger II 470nm. Just weighing up my options at present. Thanks :)

BobMc

Hi BobMc, I know this is old old news but have never seen this thread and read the whole damn thing by the seat of my pants. What a rollercoaster!? Glad the 470nm Challenger II made it safely to your door and made your 520nm Challenger II a happy sibling.
I'm looking for buy their Silver Series 470nm or Challenger II 470nm. Just weighing up my options at present. Thanks :)

No worries, their getting along just fine and it made awesome addition to the family.. :)

Enjoy your Silver, I have one Silver and the runtime is noticeably larger than the Challenger 2’s... I sure you’ll enjoy them both...

BobMc. :)

MrEgg

No worries, their getting along just fine and it made awesome addition to the family.. :)

Enjoy your Silver, I have one Silver and the runtime is noticeably larger than the Challenger 2’s... I sure you’ll enjoy them both...

BobMc. :)

Just a quick question BobMc,

How does the 470nm compare to the 520nm in terms of divergence, beam visibility?

glad they’re a happy couple! :)

BobMc

Just a quick question BobMc,

How does the 470nm compare to the 520nm in terms of divergence, beam visibility?

glad they’re a happy couple! :)

I like the divergence on the 520 better, I think it stays tighter...Brightness, the same... Using them both side by side is a awesome crowd pleaser... So bright, they put a smile on the face... Be safe and enjoy.. BobMc

MrEgg

I like the divergence on the 520 better, I think it stays tighter...Brightness, the same... Using them both side by side is a awesome crowd pleaser... So bright, they put a smile on the face... Be safe and enjoy.. BobMc

Thanks BobMc,
The 520nm NDG7475 diode is an awesome amount of green! It is pretty good for a high power diode. I have several Sanwu x3 beam expanders. When I put a x3 expander on my 1watt 520nm Challenger II the beam is incredibly tight, am expecting the same with the 470nm. Just trying to work out whether to go with the Challenger II host or Silver. I love both but the Challenger II's are a good size. My instincts tell my to go with the Silver, as 4.5 or 5watts is pushing it. I'll let you know what I decide. Looks like you finally landed yourself a bargain there.
I love Sanwu's multimode function, especially the safety lock. I wish they made all of their lasers have a safety lock mode then full power. ::Just thinking:: Thanks for reading. :)

BobMc

Thanks BobMc,
The 520nm NDG7475 diode is an awesome amount of green! It is pretty good for a high power diode. I have several Sanwu x3 beam expanders. When I put a x3 expander on my 1watt 520nm Challenger II the beam is incredibly tight, am expecting the same with the 470nm. Just trying to work out whether to go with the Challenger II host or Silver. I love both but the Challenger II's are a good size. My instincts tell my to go with the Silver, as 4.5 or 5watts is pushing it. I'll let you know what I decide. Looks like you finally landed yourself a bargain there.
I love Sanwu's multimode function, especially the safety lock. I wish they made all of their lasers have a safety lock mode then full power. ::Just thinking:: Thanks for reading. :)

Just a thought, if you are planning on carrying the laser around in your pocket, the smaller host would make it a tad more comfortable...But the run times aren’t nearly as long though, seeing the Silver is great for long run times..
Best wishes with your choice...Both, as you know are great....I know get both! :)

Be blessed and safe, BobMc :)

MrEgg

Just a thought, if you are planning on carrying the laser around in your pocket, the smaller host would make it a tad more comfortable...But the run times aren’t nearly as long though, seeing the Silver is great for long run times..
Best wishes with your choice...Both, as you know are great....I know get both! :)

Be blessed and safe, BobMc :)

Hi BobMc,
Thanks for your replies...
You stay safe too!
What a year so far, we need lasers to keep us sane!

BobMc

Hi BobMc,
Thanks for your replies...
You stay safe too!
What a year so far, we need lasers to keep us sane!

So true.... I bought me a Jeep, been doing some overlanding, no city lights and lasers actually, you are correct they keep one sane.. lol. BobMc 😊

MrEgg

So true.... I bought me a Jeep, been doing some overlanding, no city lights and lasers actually, you are correct they keep one sane.. lol. BobMc 😊

Jeep + rough open country + no city lights pollution + laser = fun fun fun!

Do you like the multimode version or single mode? I’m tempted to go with Silver for run time and multimode driver so can have safety lock and half power. Hhhmmm.

need a beer!