Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

safe or not safe for a nightclub PLEASE HELP

would this laser be safe for a nightclub

i am not familiar with understanding the power outputs.... also would this laser be safe for audience scanning

please let me know

specs are -

Model: L388RGB

Full-Color Laser Light: Red:200mW@650 Green:60mW@532 Blue:50mW@473 310mW Mixed White Laser

Features: The RGB full color laser. Advanced design program, unique blanking effect, it can combine to create rich and dynamic patterns at the same time, more than 100 laser patterns. Four modes in one: Sound Active, AUTO, DMX512, Master/Slave for different applications

Scanner: Micro-step motor scanner, big angle scanning

Laser: 200mW 650nm wavelength TE-cooled red laser
60mW 532nm wavelength TE-cooled green laser,
50mW 473nm wavelength TE-cooled blue laser,
310mW mixed white laser

Play Mode: Sound Active, AUTO, DMX512 (9 channels), Master/Slave

Interface: 3 pins XLR jack for DMX or Maser-Slave linking

Power Supply: 100/250V, 50/60HZ, 30W

Size: 360*230*150mm

Weight: 10Kg

Applicable for Disco, Clubs, KTV, Pub, Bar, family party etc

sorry cant post links yet... item # 180294379967 on ebay.... laser is from david lanling.

If you dont point it into the croud ;)

plus it might depend on your state laws

Things

That would be fine for a club. You can do any animations or graphics, but its perfect for beam shows

audience scanning has a whole separate set of rules. As it sits, I doubt that laser is OK for audience scanning, but with some work it can be done.

Ace82

Well that is ALLOT of power, would be great for a show as long as you keep under a certain height, like no lower then 25' to avoid hitting anybodies eyes even if someone gets picked up above normal standing height.  I'm not sure of the legalities, but, to be safe, keep the beams AWAY from even potentially hitting anybody near their head and you should be fine.

FYI, the use of drugs  (particularly estacy) greatly dilates the pupil, and greatly enhances the risks of eye damage, especially in a dark environment.