Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Safari and the back button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind It is the ads, and has nothing to do with the search bar?

With adblock set to default it blocks the ads on the bottom in safari. Only then does the back button and jump to last post button work correctly

I'll just use chrome or safari with adblock. Sorry c0ldshadow I know you loose money when we have stuff like adblock installed.

Gotta do, what you gotta do. Safari is pretty annoying to use on LPF now.

You can save yourself some pain by just command + clicking the new post icons to open new tabs for each thread. That's what I usually do anyway. It works like a champ, and it saves you from having to hit back all the time. Command + W to close the tab when you're done reading. If you do have to hit the back button, you can always hit the little stop "x" button in the address bar to stop whatever nonsense is trying to load, but you gotta be fast.

Last edited:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
might want to try another browser if possible. i am not able to replicate the issue in either chrome, IE, or firefox.

Not a lot of useful "other" options for iDevice owners. Even if you install a 3rd party browser it's not really fully integrated.

I think I got the same issue on my iPad the other night, but I'll have to double check. Will report back if I have more issues. I assumed when it first happened that it was something I did.

The one thing I have noticed is it takes for ever for IE to finish loading the main webpage on my work computer. The ads *are* to blame for this behavior. Every ad at the bottom of the screen cases a "page load". I only use IE on my work computer, which uses some sort of filtering software and a proxy server so honestly it might not fully be an issue with the ads, but rather a combination of the proxy trying to deal with the number of ads.

I see the little progress bar at the bottom corner of the browser go from 0 to 100 percent like it's loading a page. It repeats this for ever ad. Even though this drives me crazy from a visual sense, it doesn't seem to cause any other real problems.

EDIT: On the iPad with mobile safari right now and seeing the "submit" messages every time I use the back button. I haven't been able to track this down any further from my end, but it's unique to Safari (mobile in my case).

Last edited:
When you hit the back button using IE, you can see the little status bar on the bottom going crazy, like it's loading a bunch of stuff. I'm sure that's what's goofing up Safari.

Anyway, the site does weird stuff and is loading slow on IE too, and this time I'm on my gaming rig using a fiber connection, not my MacBook.

So while the solution may be to just "use another browser when on a Mac", it's not a long term solution for LPF as half the planet uses iPhones and iPads.

Last edited:
I experience this problem as well. It is very annoying because I use Safari as my main browser & use the back button often.

It's probably the new advertizing scripts running in the background. Those are new, who knows what they are actually doing.

If there's a noscript add on for safari I suggest you try it.

Or Ave could just go to some less intrusive ads instead of constantly making them more invasive.

Just sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.