Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RYOBI 445nm Schweet 4volt 6Wh battery!!

Thats not fair. We teach him how to build lasers, and he wont show us how to make them cooler. Meh..

WOW, I was just looking at one of these flashlights today thinking it might make a unique host! Very cool.

Does carefully guarded mean anything to you ? lol , I have to do the second method because the glowing phosphorescent tape can get dirty quicky, and if you try to clean it the glowing phosphorus would be wiped off. The second method makes it easy to clean with a damp rag.
-Sarge

WOW, I was just looking at one of these flashlights today thinking it might make a unique host! Very cool.

Yeah this host is great I have used it alot, the head has room for a nice size heat sink! Also Jayrob already has the measurements for the heat sink if you needed one.
-Sarge

No, we usually share our findings, and creations with one another. But thats just how we are.

I thought you already posted it before. :thinking:

I posted what I used to make it glow, not what I use to finalize it, but its really simple if you'd use your brain a little bit you will figure it out TJ. Don't strain that little peanut too much..lmfao just kidden bro have a good night!

-Sarge

Interesting battery!
Here is a link to the battry from the manufacturer

It mentions 2000 recharge cycles, and 4v. I wonder what chemistry it is.
Does it list mAh?

Well, provided I have my math right...

6Wh / 4V = 1.5Ah = 1500mAh

But maybe it's not that simple.

math is right, I just wanted to confirm that.

Sorry to bug you Sarge, but did you ever get a chance to look at this? I'm curious myself.

Nice build! How about showing us how you mounted the driver... is it a pill or flat mounted? I would also like to see the recharging process. Thank you in advanced.

Just trying to copulate some info.

Benm

Well, 4 volt, 6 mW equals 1.5 Ah capacity, thats simple caculus.

Question is the battery chemistry: 4 volts is quite unusual, and it does state that it is a lithium battery (so it is not 2 lead/acid ones in series). It may be LiMn2O4 if it actually provides 4.0 volts over most of the discharge cycle.

I think really, you would need to log the voltage as well as current through the whole discharge cycle to correctly calculate the Wh. 1500mAh assumes the voltage stays exactly at 4v, or at least 4v is the average voltage throughout the discharge cycle.
Semantics anywho, close enough. :)

A regular 18650 can beat it capacity wise, but this battery is probably safer.
I read a post on CandlePowerForums that was kinda freaky. He had a 18650
in his build, and within a few seconds of being on, the battery exploded.
had burns and all, cap flew off and put a huge dent in his coffee maker.
(I think someone here posted a link to it at some point)

t580

Great job I saw the host this morning at home depot. Thinking about making one now.

DrSid

With some of those flashlight hosts it's pretty easy to short circuit the battery .. and then you have it .. stronger battery means stronger explosion.