Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RPL-260mW Optotronics Greenie

diachi

Thanks Razako, I will when I gets the munyz I needz . So far I've made £20 in just over a week ! savings going good, I haven't even done any extra work :D Looking forward to my RPL I can't wait for my munyz ;D

Even the beam of my Romisen is amazing, can't wait to see >165mW !!

Diachi

PS hope you get your laser sorted, I'm sure jack will get it all fixed for you .

OK guys the new laser has arrived!!  I was having some issues with the first one I received and Jack quickly took a look at the laser and has sent me a new one and even included some free prisms/mirrors/lenses (see what I mean about customer service, top of the line!).  Thanks again Jack your the best!  So I got my new RPL-260 and according to Jack's meter it's average power output is 298mW!!!  Yes it is essentially a RPL-300 instead of a RPL-260.  I have only played with it a little bit but so far I am very happy with it, it is very bright and very powerful!  So the photos and videos are coming soon.  Anyone who is considering getting an RPL should hurry up and get one, you won't regret it!  

PharmD4

diachi

I have a choice to make :

I can either get an RPL 165 for 579$ (w/ laser shades)

Or I can maybe get a 250mW RPL style from Psuedo that has a 2.0W pump for 295$ :-/ I dont know what to do :-/

Diachi

diachi

wait hold on $295, I need to recheck that price  ;D

Diachi

EDIT : $595 lol

Razako

Diachi said:
I have a choice to make :

I can either get an RPL 165 for 579$ (w/ laser shades)

Or I can maybe get a 250mW RPL style from Psuedo that has a 2.0W pump for 295$ :-/ I dont know what to do :-/

Diachi
Does the one from pseudo has an adjustable tailcap and included goggles? I ask because on most lower RPL's you never actually need to turn it all the way up to 8 or 9 and the 2.5W pump isn't necessary unless you want the laser to last a lot longer.

diachi

How long do you think it will last with the 2W pump ?

And I dont really need an adjustable tailcap, thats what the labby and the romisen are for, they are lower powered and I can adjust the pot on the labby for burning or just for normal laser experiments.

I dont think there are laser shades included though, I'll need to talk to psuedo again .

Diachi

Razako

Diachi said:
How long do you think it will last with the 2W pump ?

And I dont really need an adjustable tailcap, thats what the labby and the romisen are for, they are lower powered and I can adjust the pot on the labby for burning or just for normal laser experiments.

I dont think there are laser shades included though, I'll need to talk to psuedo again .

Diachi
Actually the adjustable tailcap is very important because it allows you to tune your laser for maximum output and efficiency. Most lower RPL's only need to be at lvl 3-5 for max output and if you turn it higher you will only waste the battery and overheat the laser. Also full power can oversaturate the crystals giving you reduced output.

PharmD4 said:
OK guys the new laser has arrived!!  I was having some issues with the first one I received and Jack quickly took a look at the laser and has sent me a new one and even included some free prisms/mirrors/lenses (see what I mean about customer service, top of the line!).  Thanks again Jack your the best!  So I got my new RPL-260 and according to Jack's meter it's average power output is 298mW!!!  Yes it is essentially a RPL-300 instead of a RPL-260.  I have only played with it a little bit but so far I am very happy with it, it is very bright and very powerful!  So the photos and videos are coming soon.  Anyone who is considering getting an RPL should hurry up and get one, you won't regret it!  

PharmD4

Glad to see that's sorted. Now you can start enjoying your Opto RPL to the max. Since you got a free optical set to play around with, you should be able to make very nice beamshots. :cool:

Hey guys sorry no pics or videos yet but I have been very busy lately. My first child is on its way within the next week or two so it has been pretty hectic around here lately. Its really cutting into my laser time :) I am going to try get some up tonight if possible, I bought a fog machine last week to get some really good beam shots. Also picked up some dry ice today that could look kind of cool too! The laser by the way is amazing and has been really fun to play with! I highly recommend the RPL - you won't regret it!!

PharmD4

Send it over to me, I'll make some nice pics for ya. Hell I'll even do a power measurement. ;D

OK guys and finally here are some pics.  I will start off with the pics of the actual laser and accessories and then will show some beam shots I have so far.

The laser came quickly and well packaged in the mail and I eagerly opened it!  The RPL comes heat sealed an antistatic bag with the laser certificate showing the laser's measured power.  The RPL and battery charger are packaged in a foam lined plastic case for protection.  And yes you need the safety glasses trust me, it is a powerful beam!

The case, laser, charger, and safety glasses.
opencasehk4.jpg

Close up of laser.
mg2168cq3.jpg

Close up of top of laser showing laser aperature and aperature slide (to open and close opening)
mg2170pg8.jpg

Close up of the bottom of the laser showing adjustable endcap and the provided adjustment key.
mg2241ad8.jpg

Paper showing measured average power and optimal diode level.
mg2251oi1.jpg

The battery that makes all the magic happen :)  The LG 18650 battery.
mg2253jb5.jpg

Inside view of endcap screwed off.  Very solid and well built!
mg2257iq7.jpg

Unaided beam shot.
mg2173bw6.jpg

Nice beam shot using fog from block of dry ice - I really like this one :)
mg2199wk2.jpg

Another CO2 enhanced beam shot -  RPL or Lightsaber??
mg2206qq5.jpg

Unaided beam shot in the dark down the hallway - It is essentially a green flashlight :)
mg2227lm6.jpg

I will get some more beam shots up soon and hopefully some videos of burning / match lighting...

Laser Quality: A+
Laser Power: A+  (300mW for the price of 260mW)
Value: A+
Customer Service: A++
I highly recommend the RPL to anyone looking for a very powerful portable laser for a great price !

PharmD4

diachi

Nice pictures, can you post one of the bit the batteries go into ?

Great beam shots aswell

Diachi

Excellent beamshots with the dry ice! Love that RPL. Nice quality pictures too btw. :cool:

Ace82

EXCELLENT REVIEW. That was very detailed, well at least visually. ::) Now you need to run all the cool experiments, burn, melt, light, reflect...lol!

Here is the end of the laser with the endcap off - Sticker has RPL model and Serial Number.  The laser comes with the + written on it to remind you which way the batteries go in ;)
mg2260dj5.jpg

And a look all the way inside the laser showing where the battery lives.
mg2259tf2.jpg

I made a match lighting video and am just working on converting it to make it a reasonable size and host it so it should be up soon :)

PharmD4