Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RPL-260mW Optotronics Greenie

OK guys I just bit the bullet and purchased an adjustable RPL-260mW Greenie from optotronics.  Should have it real soon so keep your eyes peeled (with 532nm safety glasses of course  :)) for some pics and videos coming in the next few days!!  

PharmD4

Ace82

Awesome. Great news for first post. Will be sure to keep a look out for this in the Review section.

Peace - Ace

Yeah I decided to go all out on my first laser !  After reading all the great reviews about the RPLs I just had to have one!  Would have loved to go with a higher mW but my wife is already going to kill me for this one so I better ease her in gently  :D  Better start collecting things to burn...

PharmD4

I have the same one puts out 291 average you'll really like this unit ;D

Ace82

The 260 is great $/mW ratio. Congradulations on your new buy. Hopefully you got your LPF 7.5% discount! :p

Nice buy! Is it your first laser or do you already have other pointers? Looking forward to some beamshots of your new Opto. :cool:

Ace82

Petrovski said:
Nice buy! Is it your first laser or do you already have other pointers? Looking forward to some beamshots of your new Opto.  :cool:

He said it's his first Laser.  He just saved lots of money and time by avoiding DX (&WL), IMO!  :p

Razako

Great first purchase. You were lucky enough to avoid the wickedlasers trap that lots of noobs fall into.

Yeah I got the 7.5% discount and Jack was very helpful this morning!  He responded very quickly to my e-mail, arranged the discount, tested and sent the laser out TODAY so it should be here TOMORROW!!  The first laser site I ever ran across was laserglow.com and was initally going to go with an Aries-225 but was a little put off by the price.  Then I did more research and ran into optotronics and this forum and was very interested in the RPL.  I was initially interested in the Aries because the x10DR lens that attaches to it seems like it would be a total blast!!  But ultimately I needed to save a little money and get some more mW and was very pleased with the feedback people give for Jack's service.  When your spending this kind of money you want to know there is someone there how will take care of your needs.  Yeah I wouldn't touch WL or DX with a 10 foot pole, I read enough about them and don't want to even go there!

Has anyone here played with an Aries / Herc with an x10DR lens?  Or does anyone know if it fits on a RPL?  I noticed the width of the RPL is 40mm and the Aries is 38mm but I am not sure if that extra 2mm is enough to make it not fit.  Laserglow.com has outer dimensions for the x10DR but not the inner dimensions.  The thought of having 260+ mW focused to a pinpoint makes me want to drool :)  Hopefully I will get a pic or two up here tomorrow after I get off work.  I have Sony 1080i camcorder and a 10 megapixel Digital Rebel XTi so I should be able to document this thing very well  :cool:  Can't wait to play with this laser!

Waiting semi-patiently,
PharmD4

Razako

PharmD4 said:
Yeah I got the 7.5% discount and Jack was very helpful this morning! He responded very quickly to my e-mail, arranged the discount, tested and sent the laser out TODAY so it should be here TOMORROW!! The first laser site I ever ran across was laserglow.com and was initally going to go with an Aries-225 but was a little put off by the price. Then I did more research and ran into optotronics and this forum and was very interested in the RPL. I was initially interested in the Aries because the x10DR lens that attaches to it seems like it would be a total blast!! But ultimately I needed to save a little money and get some more mW and was very pleased with the feedback people give for Jack's service. When your spending this kind of money you want to know there is someone there how will take care of your needs. Yeah I wouldn't touch WL or DX with a 10 foot pole, I read enough about them and don't want to even go there!

Has anyone here played with an Aries / Herc with an x10DR lens? Or does anyone know if it fits on a RPL? I noticed the width of the RPL is 40mm and the Aries is 38mm but I am not sure if that extra 2mm is enough to make it not fit. Laserglow.com has outer dimensions for the x10DR but not the inner dimensions. The thought of having 260+ mW focused to a pinpoint makes me want to drool :) Hopefully I will get a pic or two up here tomorrow after I get off work. I have Sony 1080i camcorder and a 10 megapixel Digital Rebel XTi so I should be able to document this thing very well :cool: Can't wait to play with this laser!

Waiting semi-patiently,
PharmD4
I plan on eventually getting an X10DR for my herc. You'll be sure to see some crazy distance burning videos whenever I get it.

if i had a herc, make no mistake i would definitely have the X10DR to go with it!
how you've managed to hold on and not buy the X10DR yet is a mystery to me.
looking forward to your distance burning vids :)

VW

Ace82 said:
[quote author=Petrovski link=1212426522/0#5 date=1212431334]Nice buy! Is it your first laser or do you already have other pointers? Looking forward to some beamshots of your new Opto.  :cool:

He said it's his first Laser.  He just saved lots of money and time by avoiding DX (&WL), IMO!  :p[/quote]
That's basically what I done, I came in to a lot of money so bought the Hulk, and then the Spartan a month later. Pretty crazy when you think about it, I over estimated the power of the Hulk at the time, I very rarely use it as it's simply too powerful for in doors. I think 125mW at 1.2mm would be just bareable indoors. The Hulk's 1.5mm so it gives that extra bit more glare, it's really that bright. His RPL though is going to blow him away, with the extra 100mW and the better divergence I can imagine what he's getting.

diachi

Can't wait to see some pics ! :D

How do you go about getting the 7.5% discount from Jack ?? I'm probably gonna be buying an RPL-165 in a few months ( Can't wait, though I need to save up alot !! )

Thanks,

Diachi

Razako

Diachi said:
Can't wait to see some pics ! :D

How do you go about getting the 7.5% discount from Jack ?? I'm probably gonna be buying an RPL-165 in a few months ( Can't wait, though I need to save up alot !! )

Thanks,

Diachi
Just email him and let him know that you're a member of this forum.

Hey guys sorry no pictures or posts yet.  I am working with Jack on taking a look at my laser.  We are thinking something happened to it during shipping because it just isn't acting right.   Doesn't seem to be spitting out the kind of juice consistently like it should.  Have only been able to light a few matches consistently and have at times been able to keep my finger in the path of the beam for 30 seconds (yes the batteries were charged :)).  Other times it appears to be working like it should.  Jack has been very helpful and responsive and I would encourage anyone considering getting a laser to really consider an RPL from Optotronics.  It is a well built beautiful looking laser that puts out some serious power but for some reason mine just doesn't want to cooperate.  I will keep you guys updated !!

Happy lasing,
PharmD4