Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Round #4: MS-SSW-III "Sinner's Secret Weapon" Host with Cu-Core Sink (2x26650/18650)

Re: Sinner's MS-SSW *SECRET WEAPON" Custom Host for 3W+ builds - A few left $95.00

Hey, all! I just finished up a couple of clients' MS-SSWs and wanted to share them on the LPM. Maybe this will wet your appetites to finally order one of these.
Sinner and I are offering special pricing on complete builds for those who want them. This is for a limited time only, as these are almost all gone!

BdYxilD.jpg

qZ2ErI5.jpg

That last one is reading 3.252W! The PL520 version can run until the batteries drain! And with 2X22650s @ 8000mAh, that's about 27 hours between charges!!

IsaacT

Re: Sinner's MS-SSW *SECRET WEAPON" Custom Host for 3W+ builds - A few left $95.00

Thats really fuckin awesome battery life on that PL520!!! Haha. Here, I'll add a pic too. Sinner needs these sold :)

Hey, all! I just finished up a couple of clients' MS-SSWs and wanted to share them on the LPM. Maybe this will wet your appetites to finally order one of these.
Sinner and I are offering special pricing on complete builds for those who want them. This is for a limited time only, as these are almost all gone!

BdYxilD.jpg

qZ2ErI5.jpg

That last one is reading 3.252W! The PL520 version can run until the batteries drain! And with 2X22650s @ 8000mAh, that's about 27 hours between charges!!

Are the complete builds limited to the 405nm and 532nm lasers pictured above?

Are the complete builds limited to the 405nm and 532nm lasers pictured above?

No, they're not. I can pretty much put together any package you might want with this lovely host.

No, they're not. I can pretty much put together any package you might want with this lovely host.

I am not too familiar with this host, so If I wanted a 450 nm focusable laser what's the maximum wattage this host could accommodate given that I'd like the laser for burning, and as pointer for stars?

I was looking at these earlier

Lazerpoint

There duty cycle is quite low, I'm imagining with a superior host, like the ones pictured here - that can overcome, correct?

IsaacT

My MS-SSW build can run for 2 minutes before being warm to the touch. A minute off allows it to cool to room temperature. ..or atleast pretty close.

sinner

2 minutes is a very safe duty cycle for 9mm's at this current, they are hot little f*$kers!
I ran a 2W M140 for 17 minutes straight in the SSW when it was quite a bit warm but still kept the heat away from the diode very fast according to my thermometer equipment :D

IsaacT

Nice!!! Yeah. At 2 minutes the 9mm made the host feel like if you breathe hot air on your hand. Warm, but not very much so. I also wanted to not run the 9mm for too long as I worry about longevity being damaged through extended usage.

sinner

Re: Sinner's MS-SSW *SECRET WEAPON" Custom Host for 3W+ builds - Prices Dropped $90.0

Updated: We have added 5 more hosts to the stock, freshly polished and ready to go. Also the new price is reduced to $90.00 incl. shipipng and pp fee.

:thanks:

Re: Sinner's MS-SSW *SECRET WEAPON" Custom Host for 3W+ builds - Prices Dropped $90.0

Updated: We have added 5 more hosts to the stock, freshly polished and ready to go. Also the new price is reduced to $90.00 incl. shipipng and pp fee.

:thanks:

Hey sinner, LOVE THOSE HOSTS!!! will this host accomodate a 12mm m140 module and also a round 16.8mm lazereer buck driver?

seriously considering buying one if all goes well :)

cheers, will :beer:

Will,
The MS-SSW will indeed accommodate your parts. You may have a tricky time routing the diode leads from your driver through the pill. It will keep that M-140 cool all day long!

Will,
The MS-SSW will indeed accommodate your parts. You may have a tricky time routing the diode leads from your driver through the pill. It will keep that M-140 cool all day long!

Thanks SBA,
I originally ordered the custom round buck from lazereer with the intention of putting it into my c6 build,

but since then I've seen these awesome hosts, I'll see how I go accommodating the round 16.8mm driver into the host if I purchase one, they really are a work of art :drool:

Also approximately how long will two 22650 batteries last with the buck driver set to 1.8 amps?

Cheers, will :beer:

sinner

Thanks SBA for saving the day once again! :na: The pill has internal diameter of 25mm so 17mm drivers are easily mountable, Your diode module from DTR will press-fit into the heatsink. Wire everything up , You're good to go :beer:

IsaacT

The MS-SSW is built for 26650, not 22650's, but mine last a LONG time. And I use mine set at 2.25A. It is amazing to be how long the batteries actually last!

Also, my biggest advice on the MS-SSW build is this: once you know that your diode leads are connected and working, epoxy them in place. Due to the number of twists to put the head on, it is really the only way to be sure of not tearing them off of you 9mm diode(or other diode).

My positive lead actually ripped off the 9mm during my MS-SSW build but I HARDCORE lucked out and only the lead popped off and not the diode pin.

Last edited:

sinner

I would also suggest a little epoxy on the diode back/leads after everything is wired up and the head is about to be screwed!

P.S: You can also use 18650's the sleeve is included, Just as a FYI !
26650s' to 18650s'
1fv5f8.jpg

Thanks SBA for saving the day once again! :na: The pill has internal diameter of 25mm so 17mm drivers are easily mountable, Your diode module from DTR will press-fit into the heatsink. Wire everything up , You're good to go :beer:

The MS-SSW is built for 26650, not 22650's, but mine last a LONG time. And I use mine set at 2.25A. It is amazing to be how long the batteries actually last!

Also, my biggest advice on the MS-SSW build is this: once you know that your diode leads are connected and working, epoxy them in place. Due to the number of twists to put the head on, it is really the only way to be sure of not tearing them off of you 9mm diode(or other diode).

My positive lead actually ripped off the 9mm during my MS-SSW build but I HARDCORE lucked out and only the lead popped off and not the diode pin.

thanks so much for all your advice SBA and Sinner, opps typo, meant to say 26650, im feeling my wallet becoming lighter and lighter :na: expect another purchase sinner :D