Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ridiculously cheap lasers

FWI, any time you see a handheld claim 5W, it's not true. there is a c mount red diode that can achieve such power, but in handheld it would be many, many times more expensive, plus I've never heard of a site that sells them, they'd need to be custom made

Scam total BS best red diode you can get is around 5watts and would be way more expensive

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I bought a 1W 447nm for $33.60 (free shipping) on AliExpress. Turned out to be 25mW-50mW (maybe 100mW?) 405nm. On the other hand, it's a focusing laser and can burn stuff. It's close enough to uv that it can double as a uv flashlight. And finally, it came with an Ultrafire 18650 rechargeable lithium-ion battery with protection circuit, a $20 value.

On the other hand, there are people here at LPF who make the real thing, guaranteed. Hobby-built, but by people who are deadly serious about lasers.

The Chinese guy who sold me the AliExpress thing probably didn't know the difference between 405nm and 447nm and wouldn't believe the difference was important if you tried to explain it to him. He probably doesn't know what a milliwatt is, or the difference between a milliwatt of output versus a milliwatt of input. All he knows is that semi-literate American teenagers are buying his product.

see: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/r...press-wang-yaochen-s-store-33-60-a-84786.html

Last edited:

kilter

That gets 200mw AT MOST! Plus it is a 660 nm laser. It will NOT be 1w

Do you really need to ask on the forum whether this kind of deal is a scam?

Use your head! Use the search function and figure this stuff out yourself. Stop wasting everybody's time with these kinds of stupid posts.