Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rick Trent laser kits 3w 445nm

That work? Was also wondering about those double diode 445nm. I've sent you an email already and I just want to make sure I'm still in line for one of these. Thanks Rick!

That's such an insanely good price I am tempted to buy one even though I already have a DominatoR. Must Resist.

I will have the parts coming in to make the 40w+ kit in 2 weeks. I will sale it in parts 3 /3W modules per-base plate you add base plat after to make the power you need I hope to get it up to 100W.I will make a 100w for my self :D do not know price I will make a video and put up price as soon as I can.

That work? Was also wondering about those double diode 445nm. I've sent you an email already and I just want to make sure I'm still in line for one of these. Thanks Rick!

Last edited:
the parts for the 5W + and the 40W+ are showing there coming in 10/4/2013 Fri.
I have some parts in now for the 5w will make video today as soon as I get time.

I hope to get a 40W+ working this weekend and make video if all goes good .I will try to get it up to 100w That would be a real laser gun!
:lasergun:

Last edited:
Second! Hope you still have that list. Looks like it doesn't matter though. I am the proud owner of a rick trent

Dual cube 445nm's - really sick

Got my dual cube 'Borg' today. Nicely packaged and fast shipping. Rick has really done a nice job on this build. The combined beams are metered at 6.2W, so not lacking power.

Host has the typical low, med, high, and pulse capability. Not sure if the pulse will impact the drivers, but it works nicely to clear away spider webs in the carport. As is typical of the 445's the beam is an "I", Rick has oriented the two diodes so when combined, they come out as a ' + ". It takes all of 5 mins to get the focusing down for the two beams to line up. Because the beams are set so close together, the convergence of the + keeps them touching over a 12" to 16" focus distance, if you need to set a new distance, less than a minute to adjust.

Here's a shot of the build in the hallway on low and aiming at some white foam board. I thought the white would allow me enough time to set up to take a photo. Not the case, it burned through in less than 5 seconds at a distance of 14 feet. And one of the white foam board where you can almost see the + burn.

Nice build, thanks Rick for fun experimenting to come, very pleased with your product !

Attachments

• DSC00013 (640x515).jpg
    DSC00013 (640x515).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC00015 (640x480).jpg
    DSC00015 (640x480).jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited: