Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RHD's 450nm sabertwins 2.7W peak 2.4W av black review

Well, here is a short black tape movie and a tooth pick flame test.
In the video, it is not really that visible, but whenever the beam passes over the tape, there is a pop and sprite of flame. I am quickly running the laser over the tape to prevent an all out fire.
In the Toothpick video it's apparent how quickly wood lasts in the peak focal point. Not very long. Maybe under 1.5sec?
Again I really wish you could hear the pop of the beam vaporizing the wood. It sounds a lot like those CO2 lasers cutting out stuff.

Well, I think I am going to have to make some better videos. Having to take the file size down doesn't let me show much detail.
I'd love to be able to post some full HD video, but this sites upload is limited to 16MB per movie. Maybe Vimeo? Youtube is completely locked up for me in Korea. :(

Attachments

• Untitled.mov
    4.8 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0398.mov
    6.4 MB · Views: 122
  • Danger 445nm IV .pdf
    376 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

Impressive! Have you tried to put a hole on a thick block of wood yet? I managed drill a hole about 1cm deep with my 1.1W (took some 20min because of the duty cycle)

Please film it if you try!

How thick are we talking? 2.7W in the 1st 10 seconds sounds like lots of power, however
this isn't a CO2 laser. Not really meant to be used in this manner.

A 1.1W laser should easily burn through 1cm in no time assuming you have your focus set properly.

Well, I decided to add this little movie and picture. As you can see this pine chopstick is no match for the laser. At under 4 seconds into the video you can already make out the beam boring a hole at the other side. I have to make sure there is enough moisture in the wood so that it doesn't suddenly catch fire.
If you have a close look at the video, you might actually see some beam making it through the wood..

End result in under 10 seconds is a "nearly.... not really" perfect-ish hole in a chopstick. width of stick is 8mm

Attachments

• Making a hole .mov
    12.1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Yeah I know it's not supposed to be used like that but I don't have a CO2 so.. :eg:

Yours is way better at burning wood. Even the smoke is impressive!
Mine took a long time (some 6 or 7 1min cycles) to get this done (1.2cm deep at the target). Thing is I don't have a proper holder so it moves slightly every time I turn it off...

Attachments

• IMG_1360.JPG
    IMG_1360.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1362.JPG
    IMG_1362.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 125
...Youtube is completely locked up for me in Korea. :(

If you email me the videos, I can easily upload them to YouTube (I have an account there with 769 videos in it as of this writing), then post the videos in their entire glory in this thread. :) :wave: :)

My email address is: ledmuseum@gmail.com

Last edited:
If you email me the videos, I can easily upload them to YouTube (I have an account there with 769 videos in it as of this writing), then post the videos in their entire glory in this thread. :) :wave: :)

My email address is: ledmuseum@gmail.com

My mail is limited to 30MB per message.

FTP:// or nothing. Sorry. I get lots of email per day.

Thanks for the offer +1

Last edited: