Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGY laser show

Things

well i have a RGY laser, as you can tell because i started this thread ;D nice pics BTW. yea djf is where i have seen you, i was just wondering because i go on many different forums. lasers are my favorite type of lighting aswell ;) ;) ;) are you using DMX to control them?

Things

actually there is 4 people i know of that have this kind of RGY scanner. there forum names are Tallaxo, Hemlock Mike, me.
K-9 also has one, but it's not from SHINP or lanling as far as i know?.

cchhcc

As of now I've been using the sound-active modes. The lasers made from Cirrect have terrific sound active modes. I've been TRYING to learn how to control the lasers with my DMX controller but haven't had much time and honestly have no clue where to start lol. I have the Chauvet DMX50A Controller and I tried fiddling around with the RGY but can't seem to control it at all. Is it true I need a dimmer/relay pack or anything else? Because currently I just have the controller hooked up to the laser via DMX cable and I try to toggle the various switches and dials but it does not seem to be controlling the laser at all.

Ooh yeah, I tested the Lanling RGY yesterday, and definitely the yellow is not as good as the SHINP RGY. Maybe the one I got is just bad since your pictures of the Lanling have a very good yellow. Like someone said on the forum earlier, the green appears to be overpowered so consequently the yellow looks more like neon green.

Hi Cch.

My projector has a fairly good yellow, most noticeable when viewing the patterns on a wall or other backdrop, it is just my camera has a hard time Imaging it with any type of pure green beam in the same shot. It simply overpowers the camera's ccd.

That said, low powered projectors like these (and they are very low, compared to what is out there) will always have a hard time to project a good yellow, due to the colour ratio of the red and green. You really need to be looking into Half watt projectors where the various coulours can start to be better matched to each other to produce more pure shades, or at least utilise analogue modulation to vary the powers of the lasers (ours are only TTL)

But as an entry level RGY scanner, they are very well worth the money and can produce some mindblowing effects.

I have found a colour ratio chart for you to look at , to give the "ideal" mix for perfect balance, although this is really aimed at an RGB setup, but the principles for RGY are the same. the chart is based on 650nm red, 532nm green and 473nm blue. with different frequencies the ratios will change accordingly according how close they are towards 555nm (peak human eye sensitivity).

Jase

Attachments

• graph_2.gif
    graph_2.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 118

Things

i haven't tried any other DMX controller apart from the usb one i have, so i can't really help? yes the yellow is a bit on the green side, but you see once it passes through fog(which is slightly brown) the yellow is much better.