Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB Handheld!

Minimum order of ten units puts this out of reach for most of us. It might be worth waiting for Sharp to finish their RGB diode and see exactly what they come up with. They have been able to come up with some interesting wavelengths at very reasonable prices so far.

I highly suggest to anyone wanting to have a wet dream over their build.. At the very least BEFORE you even post///do a bunch of LPF searches.. it was already an 'old' idea when I joined 8 years ago.

Also I feel that anyone with similar ideas become VERY familiar with the lasers ALREADY made by Joe & Lucy not too many exotic builds that they already did or tried to make.

They were at one time very popular -they shared everything - the actually have a dedicated 'Clean Room' in their Toronto home. They were in high demand for custom builds WHICH was NOT a charity deal.. Their creations were worth the high cost..
Where are Joe & Lucy?? not here that is for sure.. Some pigheaded members inserted themselves in a buyer/seller issue..
Only one side wanted LPF to 'step in' and SHE had a big advantage being a kinda rare person..
like-LPF member== do we even have 5 ladies that area actually active? She (& her family) are in the tiny minority that has all the $$$ -- There is no middle class in Brazil. ALMOST ALL are very poor ..and a few are rich...VERY RICH. (On-line and meeting to deal with issues in=person are WAY different)
She had an impressive high cost collection but afaik she did nothing for or at LPF.

as said we do not know all the facts..a good reason to butt out BTW --Had SHE been a HE--no way this would have gotten so out of hand.. Methinks some guys the 'little' brain was in charge.

The custom build was , before any changes, IIRC a $600 laser.. (approx)

No one knows what exactly happen not even J&L or the 'lady buyer' But together they would know if they settled the issues.... But of course that will never happen nor shall we see J&L coming back --They are ATM 'inactive' but still LPF members -- They 'do their thing' now at Ytube.. and have gone through several usernames.. If you 'do' ytube vids on lasers you already have seen their AWESOME creations..

Several of their lasers were, for a time, the 'most powerful hand held laser in existence'-- A claim we see a lot there but.. I never believed any except the 'TunedCavity' s builds.
(btw the did ALL the build from 'scratch' as much as possible. I always thought that Joe was the was the one on the lathe and mill.
WE all should have given J&T at LEAST the benefit of the doubt.

I may BE TOTALLY WRONG--BUT-- The 'Lady' *may* have been a tad like those on 'BrideZilla'

Very hard to please
demanding and constantly changes things.
well to do-- self entitled
and wants everything NOW.
....................& much more.

afaik she got her $$ back and we no longer have J&L.
lose lose win
If they are 'checking in' LPF it is done by being a visitor not a member.
I have reached out a few times over the years via Ytube --no replies.
Before the forum change I got some members to +rep them as much as possible.
Send a YTube message -
-' please go to LPF and see what has changed--see yr messgs and your rep score' ( got many members to + rep them & send nice PMs.....all 'heavy hitters'.)

So remember this when wanting to try to make the near impossible DREAM LASER.

It would be super to own/build such lasers-- at what cost? Just the alignment and heat from diodes makes this far from easy.

and about the
'wet dream'???... c'mon! didja hafta go there?
ty for reading my rants

hak

Last edited:
More than one competent laser builder has been run off from these forums since I've been here. It happens more often than you might realize. That's too bad about Joe and Lucy, Len. I can certainly understand their wanting to leave if some members got involved in their business. :(

Tell me about it!

While not true in some cases==that time it was for sure.. we needed them more than they needed us.. they were always lightyears ahead of us. Still are IMHO.
It was only by chance that I 'met' them. Got a 405 adjustable bench driver. a wire had come loose. Lucy walked me thru the fix and was kind. Never condesending.
I ended up w/ their contact info as I knew I would sooner or later be going to visit Toronto. Some time had passed.. sent messag That I will be coming thru eventually.. BUT it was not to be.. Lucy was about to have a new baby & was in the Hospital.
So NEXT TIME!

btw loved Toronto and its people. Made friends easily.

best 'coffee shops' etc lol

Sta

OP - I have one of these Sanwu RGBs. I would equate it to an iPhone. It’s an excellent product, insanely good build quality, but a bit overpriced for what it does. It’s definitely a feat of engineering though. I’ll be making a full review on it soon...

kecked

There are still a few of the rgb mini units from the seller that sold the opsl greens. I have one of each coming in the next few days. Could not turn down opsl for 75.00. Planning to use the rgb for a lumia unit. Why not. The green is for raman if it is actual as stable as I think it will be .

OP - I have one of these Sanwu RGBs. I would equate it to an iPhone. It’s an excellent product, insanely good build quality, but a bit overpriced for what it does. It’s definitely a feat of engineering though. I’ll be making a full review on it soon...
As much time as it took during the R+D phase it's not surprising this laser has such a price point to recoup investment.

kecked

I saw years ago a single diode with red and blue. I have one .....somewhere ......oh boy.