Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB hand held 400mw at O-like 269.00

Anyone know if it's any good ?
Also wonder about the RGB engine, could it be a RGB diode or a micro dicro package.......will be looking for the tiny engine for sale because at this price I expect they are using a small RGB module rather than a custom build with 3 diodes are optics........Looking at the blue, green and red dots in the bottom 3 pics they look round which is very good but a little smaller than the mix dots above, I wonder about how well the beams are lined up and how it will look at distance, also about overspray which I can mask out..........very tempted to order this as the price is good but if there's a new tiny RGB module then in the months ahead more should follow, would like a high quality highest output engine/diode to put in my own housing, also I wonder if the colors ( 7 ) are pre programed only or if you can analog mix RGB as well as the 7 color step through ?

Says manual or auto step through 7 colors so there may not be independent analog control of each.

11.jpg

Last edited:

At just 7 colors they are only turning each diode on or off. There couldn't be any analog or TTL control. But, that is much less than Sanwu charges for theirs.

Encap

Who knows---may be it is supposed to show the colors it can produce. All it can do is Red, Green, and Blue of whatever wavelengths, which O-Like doesn't specify, in whatever proportions to create the illusion of other wavelengths/"colors" other than RGB.
How well the RGB are aligned remains to be seen.
Maybe someone will get one, test and review on LPF.

Don't know how O-Like claims 400mW output when the say it contains a 150mW Red, 50mW Green, and 120mW Blue---that's 320mW with all 3 at full throttle.

Last edited:

yoonie

Definitely just a random picture, had this one on my hdd years ago and used it as a wallpaper.
Way not enough info about this one, I would not trust olike until several reviews come out.
From the description I would say it has seven preset, but you cannot mix between them, it's just 001 011 111 100 101 010 110.

Yep here it is also for sale. Looking at the end and off center output I suspect it has 3 diodes and dicros rather than a single RGB module.

Also it appears the output is not achieved by switching/pulsing but rather is R, G, B, RGB, RG, RB, BG so the lasers are full on if there on and not pulsed it seems.

--Due to the angle of the laser in one pic while it looks like just two openings...I think there are 3 openings..one for each diode and no dichros-- & I bet you cannot adjust that-the dots line up at one distance and then grow apart again as you move back.
I am so broke I cannot pay attention ,,BUT would be willing to chip in like we used to do 'back in the day'
Let Red review it... and keep it..

hak
good for $10

just saw another angle-- so..NM-- still willing to fund one--KingKube might be able to source and get LPF one for a discount.

100mW 520 100mW 450 150mW 650.. not enough red IMHO.
duty limit 300 seconds--

Last edited:
I'm sure the beams are combined, looks like the bezel twists to open or close the aperture, looks like just 2 circles on the front for open and closed.

yeah--you are correct, I think-- wonder if it can be hacked and better diodes replacing the ones it comes with,,,I really liked the ones that Joe and Lucy built and posted on YTube=== we sure lost some great members when they were run off LPF.
SHAME!!! on the 'haters' who did that.....I recently sent a message to them asking if they would consider returning----got no reply--

I'm sure the beams are combined, looks like the bezel twists to open or close the aperture, looks like just 2 circles on the front for open and closed.

No bro! It is module RGB mini in side it
Diode 3.3mm