Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the Directly-Injected 505nm Bluish-Green ("Mint Green") Laser Pen

I got some cheapie reds friday. They came with crapfire 3000mah batteries that weighed about 1/3 what my 3500mah orbtronics do.

I actually trust those guys. They post discharge curves on a lot of their cells. Check my edits above Paul. I am old and have a 4k monitor.
Sometimes I don't use ctl+ enough. Obtronic is claiming 1200mah....so I suspect it is the 1500 claimed cell wrapped. If it sucks I will hit a local vape store and get the well regarded 700mah efest cell.
I just used some orbtronics 18650s today in my 3 watt 445nm striker saber from sanwu and it seems like it kicked the power up a lot from the cheap cells I was using before. For the first time the laser created a red plasma flame when it hit the dark wood of my bed frame

I just used some orbtronics 18650s today in my 3 watt 445nm striker saber from sanwu and it seems like it kicked the power up a lot from the cheap cells I was using before. For the first time the laser created a red plasma flame when it hit the dark wood of my bed frame

Good cells make a HUGE difference! They are also safer. My big lasers (jetlaser 520nm 1 Watt+ and 465nm 3.8watt +)
draw a lot of current. Orbtronic uses Panasonic and Sanyo cells and will tell you which ones. They use Seiko protection
chips too. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I know you can get unprotected cells for less money, BUT,
they are not as safe and Orbtronic has been bullet proof for quick, inexpensive shipping for me.
They are in FLA and I am in NC so YMMV. I think they are worth the price paid and then some.

They deliver good current...and have good capacity as well. Highly recommended!

ETA:

I should thank you! I just fired up the 520nm and the 465nm, I am amazed how powerful the 465 PLE-Pro is!
It gets through the side of a folger can faster than the 520 can get through the lid!

I also smoked some wood with it. 2 seconds produced an epic plume!

I also beam viewed...465nm @ 3.8W+ is beautiful...such a sweet beam!

Thank you my friend!

PS. Obtronic 26650's in the 465nm PLE-Pro. Current galore!

Last edited:

Frozenferrari

PS. Obtronic 26650's in the 465nm PLE-Pro. Current galore!

Awesome! Think you could elaborate on capacity a little bit? Orbtronic has many 26650's of varying capacities, some of which state amperage and some of which just state voltage and MaH.

I just picked up two of these for a PLE-Pro 3.5w. https://www.orbtronic.com/protected-26650-li-ion-battery-5200mah-orbtronic

But im wondering if these ( https://www.orbtronic.com/26650-battery-5750mah-30a-orbtronic-high-capacity-imr-li-ion ) would have been a better choice, at an additional 550MaH . I would assume the main difference would just be total runtime?

Either one would give you over 5 amps of current for an hour, so it really matters little. I suspect one is a protected cell and the other isn't.

The unprotected cell will have a higher drain current, but the protected cell can't be over-discharged.

I have the same ones you have and also the unprotected ones...
I have an Efest Luc-4 charger and a skyrc charger, which is fantastic.
Either cell will be fine.

505p10.jpg

A late-evening outdoor beam shot; I used the camera in one of my cellular telephone handsets to capture this.

I love the color of the sharp 505nm, I drive them @ 275ma for about 100mw with a DTR G3 lens and it looks a bit more emerald green than my camera shows it, much prettier than the 532nm in my opinion.

SANY4640.JPG

Glad you got that new LPM. They do come in handy. Yes, the color of these ~500nm diodes is much different than the 532nm DPSS lasers. At least to my eyes.

505p3-w.gif

Spectrographic analysis of this laser after several hours of lasing.

505p3-n.gif

Spectrographic analysis of this laser after several hours of lasing; spectrometer's response narrowed to a band between 500nm and 512nm to pinpoint wavelength, which is 505.4nm.
This is shorter than it was before, which was 506.1nm.

The raw spectrometer data (tab-delimited that can be loaded into Excel) is at 505poin3.txt