Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the 5mW 635nm LaserGlow Libra

I agree with raffleticket here... I love LG's products, they're top notch.

My Libra also has those "waves" you mentioned, nothing out of the ordinary here :beer:

Mine is advertised as 3.6mW, but I've heard LG always reports their power as slightly under the actual performance of the laser :)

Enjoy your laser! Don't listen to those guys spoiled by high power, they will never understand the glory of nice .01mW of 604nm from a HeNe :p

Last edited:

Its not 24kt gold, so I would assume that's the only variable that causes it. I've only heard it from one source so I'm not fairly certain :p

I agree with raffleticket here... I love LG's products, they're top notch.

My Libra also has those "waves" you mentioned, nothing out of the ordinary here :beer:

Mine is advertised as 3.6mW, but I've heard LG always reports their power as slightly under the actual performance of the laser :)

Enjoy your laser! Don't listen to those guys spoiled by high power, they will never understand the glory of nice .01mW of 604nm from a HeNe :p

Haha, alright thanks. I thought there was something wrong with it at first, and yes I agree, some people just will never understand the beauty of 5mW :beer:

Tmack

See buddy. Get what makes you happy and people will will respect you for it.

Tmack

Then go forth my son??????

Nah you'll get there man. Your still young. Once you have rent and bills to pay, then you can push them to the side to get tons of lasers!!!!

I also love my laserglows....they are a bit more expensive...but they have a few unique things, and they're all fun to have. I do have one gripe and its that they use acrylic lenses on the pointers, making them challenging to clean. I've ruined a few because of that...quite annoying. they used to use glass...

I digress. they're good lasers, and I'm happy with the outputs. clean and properly powered and labeled and they look good. I can't complain about that! I'm fixing on getting a rigel soon I hope.

I think alot of people forget this site was originally for pointers, and there are few things you need a powerful laser for...most tasks I find can be accomplished plenty well with a class IIIa output. Hell, Hene lasers are still amongst the best lasers you can buy, and most of them are less than 5mW.

Last edited:

Justin

Thanks for the review!

FYI: There is no such thing as an "overspec" 5 mW pointer from Laserglow. If the laser was over 5.0 mW it would not be Class IIIa compliant and would therefore be illegal for us to sell in the USA. The spec for the Libra is 3.0-5.0 mW so that's what you'll get!

Thanks Justin!

I really do enjoy the unit, just am still curious as to why the "Libra" engraving came off :candle:

Wait what?

The "Libra Engraving" came off and I can see the host underneath.

Look below:

8734-imag0196-1.jpg

It is slightly dissapointing :( but the unit still works, so I just live with it.

Yeah, at least it works... Like it should.

Mhm, Im scared to ask them for a new unit...I know their customer service is great but Im paranoid they will respond with:

"Im sorry, the unit is working fine so shipping a new unit is not necessary" :wtf:

Mhm, Im scared to ask them for a new unit...I know their customer service is great but Im paranoid they will respond with:

"Im sorry, the unit is working fine so shipping a new unit is not necessary" :wtf:

It wouldn't hurt to ask. They would probably make you send your unit back, then send you a new one. I'm sure you would have to pay for shipping both ways most likely.

Last edited: