Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the 5mW 635nm LaserGlow Libra

Hello guys,

After a weekend of waiting my Libra has finally arrived to me :bowdown:

I am really excited to show it off and this is a great start to my rainbow!!!

The Box
8714-imag0184.jpg

The Libra came in a very nice box with the logo "LaserGlow Technologies" on it, the box has a leather feel to it and definitely feels solid but at some times does feel like it could break in your hand. I also found the size to be great as this can easily fight anywhere. Kudos to that!

9/10

Inside the Box

8713-imag0185.jpg

Inside the box came these following items:

- Libra
- Instruction Sheet
- Batteries

The inside looks beautiful, there is soft padding for where to pose the laser and the batteries when not using it/them and on the top a very detailed and smooth textured "LaserGlow Technologies" symbol is printed.

10/10

The dot

8711-imag0187.jpg

The Libra had a nice clean dot, apart from the fact that there seems to be some dust or smudge on the lens since there is "waves" that appear near the dot(if anyone could help me that would be great). The dot looks somewhat red and somewhat orange, definitely can tell the difference between the 650nm if you look close enough.

8/10

The Laser

8712-imag0186.jpg

The laser itself looks nice and sturdy, the quality seems excellent and will surely last me for the years to come. Very pocket friendly aswell :drool:

Overall Score: 8/10

Thank you for reading the review, my laser also had a peak power of 4.2mW and an average power of 4.1mW on the box but for some reason the picture did not send :yabbmad:

I hope you enjoyed reading and sorry for the less then perfect quality pictures, my phone's camera isn't top notch. If you have any idea how to fix the dot issue please tell me!!

Thanks,
Alex.
:beer:

So the libra is 5mW. You paid a premium price from a premium seller. And the output is only 4.2mW? If I paid the price for that laser and knowing the company is reputable. I would AT LEAST expect 5mW if not over spec a bit.

I realize it's not a big amount of power. But that's what makes it more noticeable since it's not a powerful laser to start off.

Last edited:
May I ask, why are you going with 5mW pointers from LaserGlow-aren't you buying a 5mW green as well? You are paying an awful lot of money, when you could build your own (pens) at 50x the power for the same price, if not less (50x the power of the red, 10-20x the power of the green).

I mean, this doesn't affect me at all, just wondering :)

So the libra is 5mW. You paid a premium price from a premium seller. And the output is only 4.2mW? If I paid the price for that laser and knowing the company is reputable. I would AT LEAST expect 5mW if not over spec a bit.

I realize it's not a big amount of power. But that's what makes it more noticeable since it's not a powerful laser to start off.

THe power range says 3.0mW-5.0mW, so 4.2mW is exactly what they advertised....where is the problem? It says 5mW, but on the "specifications" page it says 3.0-5.0 :)

May I ask, why are you going with 5mW pointers from LaserGlow-aren't you buying a 5mW green as well? You are paying an awful lot of money, when you could build your own (pens) at 50x the power for the same price, if not less (50x the power of the red, 10-20x the power of the green).

I mean, this doesn't affect me at all, just wondering :)

Hey crazy,

Im not really a DIY kinda guy :whistle: and I thought paying extra for great quality is fine for me :yh:

Tmack

If you found how easy it is, you would try. Dtr and other parts dealers have made it idiot proof.....well close...

So finally we see the libra from mr Greenlander. Looks like a nice little unit. Congrats. Now how long before you stray from this collection!! Jk ;)

What happened to the PLE ?? Gone huh?

If you found how easy it is, you would try. Dtr and other parts dealers have made it idiot proof.....well close...

So finally we see the libra from mr Greenlander. Looks like a nice little unit. Congrats. Now how long before you stray from this collection!! Jk ;)

What happened to the PLE ?? Gone huh?

I still have it, just don't really use it :beer:

Tmack

It's ok man. You'll always have the memories.

:D

Well one down. Only a couple grand to get the next four 5mw lol. Damn laser glow

Last edited:
It's ok man. You'll always have the memories.

:D

Well one down. Only a couple grand to get the next four 5mw lol. Damn laser glow

Yea haha :p

I have enough for the Anser, that will be my next review. I will buy it when I get back from camping next week :beer:

Nice! Laserglow was the first company I bought a green laser from. I got the Galileo. I recommend it. It is a great little laser and if you decide later on that you want more power, it makes a good host.
LG is a little pricey by today's standards but it's still not bad. They have great customer support as well.

Nice! Laserglow was the first company I bought a green laser from. I got the Galileo. I recommend it. It is a great little laser and if you decide later on that you want more power, it makes a good host.
LG is a little pricey by today's standards but it's still not bad. They have great customer support as well.

Thanks RA! I really appreciate it :beer:

I mostly accept the fact the prices are slightly higher because I understand the quality in every product they stand behind.

Awesome laser you have there! I need to get more low powered lasers sometime.

I'm gonna be getting one of the green pens off LG for Christmas this year. Not sure which one yet. I really like the gold plated idea but I heard those tarnish pretty easily.

__

Let the poor guy buy what he wants to guys :p Laserglow sells some very good stuff.

I dunno why it seems nearly everyone worships high powered lasers on this forum. There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying an actual 5mW green. Your eyes appreciate them more anyway :whistle:

Huh? The point of this laser is to be <5mW...

Awesome laser you have there! I need to get more low powered lasers sometime.

I'm gonna be getting one of the green pens off LG for Christmas this year. Not sure which one yet. I really like the gold plated idea but I heard those tarnish pretty easily.

__

Let the poor guy buy what he wants to guys :p Laserglow sells some very good stuff.

I dunno why it seems nearly everyone worships high powered lasers on this forum. There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying an actual 5mW green. Your eyes appreciate them more anyway :whistle:

Huh? The point of this laser is to be <5mW...

Haha, thanks Raffle. Im not all that interested in high-powered ones right now, just trying to build a nice 5mW collection. Next on is going to be the 5mW Anser :beer:

That's odd... considering the fact that gold is known to be resistant to corrosion from air and moisture.

Laserglow usually has really good deals around the holidays so it is definitely a good time to consider one of their lasers. I've been dying for another 473nm for a long time. Maybe Black Friday...