Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of Billy's awseome 1.1w NDG7475 Custom Brass Masterpiece.

Very nice review, Andrew. You have spent a lot of money with Billy. I suspect part of that is due to your strict laser laws on imports. It is much easier to buy a laser you know won't get opened by customs. :yh:

Thank you, thank you, thank you guys, glad you enjoyed the mini review.
I'm not a real 'technical' laser person so can't offer a details technical review.
All I can say is that I love these builds, I know what I like and I appreciate high quality work.

Paul, you're right in that it's a huge advantage having Billy as a local to buy from.
I've had dealings with customs and they're not pleasant to deal with.
The fact that Billy's work is exceptional though, stands on it's own merits, whether he's a local or not.

Highly recommend his work to anyone seeking a unique build.

RB
:)

Wow, what a beautiful build and beamshots! Kudos to Billy and Andrew for creating and sharing this work of art. Reps to both as soon as I’m allowed. Great job and Take Care! :gj:

-cd. :D

Wow, what a beautiful build and beamshots! Kudos to Billy and Andrew for creating and sharing this work of art. Reps to both as soon as I’m allowed. Great job and Take Care! :gj:

-cd. :D

Thanks buddy and congratulations on 5 Million reps, I just pushed you over.

RB
:beer:

I'm also impressed with the battery quality. They're under quite a load. Do you ever see the voltage dip when you turn on the beam?

Sorry Eracoy, missed your question.
I'm charging the 18350s as I write this.
I'll do a proper voltage check with a full freshly charged set, as soon as I can for you.

RB

Sorry Eracoy, missed your question.
I'm charging the 18350s as I write this.
I'll do a proper voltage check with a full freshly charged set, as soon as I can for you.

RB

That is too funny, Andrew. It sounds like you missed his question BECAUSE you were busy recharging your batteries. Makes one think it should have been made to take larger batteries. I doubt that was your intent, but it came out that way. :confused:

Thanks for the Reps Andrew, and for the heads-up Paul! I love to share and it really feels good to be acknowledged by fellow LPF members. Thanks again and Please Take Care. :D

-cd

That is too funny, Andrew. It sounds like you missed his question BECAUSE you were busy recharging your batteries. Makes one think it should have been made to take larger batteries. I doubt that was your intent, but it came out that way. :confused:

No Paul, please re-read my Original Post.
I stated originally that:

RB astro said:
Please note that the batteries were not fully charged at the time of the photos.

The batteries I had in the unit weren't fully charged, in fact I hadn't charged them for months, so they were on the low side.
I missed Eracoy's post but had already put the batteries to re-charge since they were so low.
That's all.
The unit works perfectly well with this size batteries (2x 18350's) and they last well.
I didn't want a full sized NGG7475 (2x 26650's), I've already got about six or seven of those units somewhere around here....

I've had a very busy day and I'm too tired to make a video of the voltage sag while using the unit on fully charged batteries, but I will as soon as I get a chance.

That's all I meant.

:beer:

Thanks for the Reps Andrew, and for the heads-up Paul! I love to share and it really feels good to be acknowledged by fellow LPF members. Thanks again and Please Take Care. :D

-cd

You're most welcome Barry.

:yh:

GSS

Kinda glad you brought up the charging RB. Reminded me to check all of mine that I don't usually use as I hadn't in a while.
Have a pair of LG 18650's 2500mah 20A One of them had gone to 3V and hoping it will recover well as its trickling up on the charger but slow..
Now back to the topic;)

Last edited:
I knew that was not your intent, Andrew. I said as much in my post. It just sounded funny the way it came across was my only point. When I read it the first time, it left me with that perception. Probably shouldn't have mentioned it. Didn't mean to make a deal out of it. :undecided:

Hi Andrew how you doing bro! What a lovely review, This custom brass piece was really a lot of fun to build, As you know all my builds use the best and new quality parts, Originally a solid brass bar, I work on some of these lasers for weeks for me it’s about the quality finish and since I started parting with some of my best I haven’t had one complaint or return!

Mostly I’m building units to fit 2/18350,s These custom lasers aren’t build for constant burning, they are to admire and appreciate, Well all but the previous 2/18650 build for a Queensland customer,

I’m really glad your enjoying the build buddy, Also most of us are very busy with work and life and don’t always have time to jump on here, Most of us anyway!

Thanks for being such a great fan of my work Andrew, Speak soon buddy!

Cheers everyone.
Here's a quick ~one minute video (music optional) :crackup:
showing the run time voltage sag using 2x 18350's.

RB

:yh:

Reactions: GSS

Encap

:beer: Congratulations to Singlemode Laser on 3,000,000 +reps :beer:

Wow, that was quick, Andrew. Are you using new matched batteries, or could this be just the batteries you are using casing it to sag so fast? Looks like you will need a few sets of charged batteries to run it for longer periods of time.

CONGRATULATIONS to Singlemode Laser for joining the 3+ million rep club. :wave: