Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: O-like 400mW "New" 532nm laser [Warning, big picz]

^^^Thanks. I'm somewhat spoiled with hosts, just wanted to get an idea of the size/thickness. Trying to decide if it's possible to carry that laser in my pants pocket without looking weird:eek:

This one, nah. You've got the size comparison with 18650 battery and a metric ruler.

It's just a tad too big to fit into a pocket, besides, at that price I'd carry it in a bulletproof suitcase :p

I'll still take pictures later.

Nice host. Not the typical plastic looking host used by every seller.

Sorry but was this LPM'd? Curious if ts up to spec..

I would say it is. As said before, my DIY measuring instrument is not very precise but I did measure 350mW exactly, with half-empty battery. With fully charged battery I have just measured 460mW of power. Mind you, unfiltered, so IR could be a factor.

Vextor

Duty cycle is stated on the website : 100 seconds on, 60 seconds off. I have not tested that. ...

Usually duty cycles in vendors sites are conservative. I have one of these on the way, it'll be delivered in 2-3 weeks. Since the host is big, probably its ok.

Well for possibly 1.5 W to 2W pump diode, you can not have too big of a host, and within this power range this one is not that massive,

Personal opinion, duty cycle is rather accurate. I won't push it to 100 seconds anyway, I've got no reason to.

Well for possibly 1.5 W to 2W pump diode, you can not have too big of a host, and within this power range this one is not that massive,

Personal opinion, duty cycle is rather accurate. I won't push it to 100 seconds anyway, I've got no reason to.

I stick to 90 seconds with the older version... it warms up very quickly.

Have you noticed any mod hops? You can only really see them when the laser is completely defocused.

As mentioned in review, no mode hops at all, and power is exeptionally stable.

Will take a video for you guys when I get my camera back. Should not be more than few days.

Couple of nightshots I've taken:

P8250635.jpg

P8250636.jpg

In the last one, those are lights from a car that's about to pass by.

Beam visibility in real life... is just about there.

My buddy has the 400mw green, from olike, but not the "upgraded one"

And that one NEEDS protected 18650's, if u put unprotected ones in, they wont make contact on the tail side? have u tried unprotected 18650's with this one?

ps: o-like it not loading for me atm? anyone else having issues?

Both protected and unprotected type of batteries work with my laser.

Tried and O-like does not load for me either. Pehraps just site maintenance, give it a day.

Jez006

I love the "$20" total value on the side to mislead customs :D

Not even worth them making you pay any tax on that hehe.

Last edited:
Very nice laser, I'm hoping to get the 500mw version of one of these at some point. I really like that its focusable and under 300$
really good deal if you ask me.

Yup, laser is still going as strong and pretty much exactly the same as if out-of-the-box day.

It's the highest visibility laser in our collection still. For a tight budget, it's definitely the best choice.